Allen Vanguard is the global leader in defeating terrorist and extremist threats. With an unrivaled expertise in counter-threat solutions, systems, and technologies, we deliver battle-proven equipment for defeating IEDs and other terrorist incidents at the technical, operational, and national policy levels.
We’re seeking the brightest and most enthusiastic minds for a variety of jobs across the company. Currently, our Engineering team is seeking a Full-Time Software Product Verification Specialist, in our Ottawa ON office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assurance through testing of software and ensuring that deliverables meet product specifications; and for identifying defects and anomalies found through testing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute product and system performance testing and debugging.
- Raise bug reports, and verify bug resolution.
- Reproducing, debugging, and resolving issues found during test, as well as those reported by customers.
- Participate in the development of software test plans based on system specifications and design documents.
- Develop automated test software to improve regression, evaluate new features, and ensure functional requirements are met.
- Reporting progress during verification cycles, and recommending alternatives to improve verification time and/or test coverage.
- Assist in the continued development/expansion of lab test infrastructure
- Develop and execute test cases.
- Interact with other teams covering a variety of disciplines (systems, hardware, and software teams)
Required Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor of Electrical/Computer Engineering Degree or related College Diploma.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in software quality assurance.
- Knowledge of common RF lab equipment (oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, power meter, etc.)
- Good programming skills in Python or other commonly used test automation languages is an asset.
- Experience with test automation frameworks, tools development and scripting an asset.
- Familiarity with networking protocols is an asset.
- Good organization and the ability to work independently to bring tasks to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be comfortable working in a hands-on environment.
- Eligibility for a Canadian Security clearance to the level of Secret is essential (may require 10 years of Canadian residency).