General Summary: Responsible for the coordination of and/or conducting the monitoring, reporting and detailed analysis of adhering to contract and program requirements for the STAR+PLUS program;
Essential Duties & Responsibilites include the following
1. Tracks relevant legislative updates and program or contract amendments Responsible for coordinating and/or conducting analysis of proposed STAR+PLUS program or contract changes; monitoring State legislation changes that impact the program or program funding; monitoring status of regulations and program changes resulting in operational and/or staffing impacts. Compiles and creates tracking logs to manage the fluid contract changes throughout the fiscal year and coordinate and facilitate operational discussions and workflow changes as needed.
2. Responsible for all incoming and outgoing email and telephone communication regarding contract and program operations. Responsible for the timely submission of all State mandated reporting both scheduled and adhoc.
3. Works with VP to procure meetings with key HHSC or State Officials as required. Accompanies ED or VP on HHSC visits, fulfills a supporting role and/or at times takes the lead in presenting issues, and represents Bravo HealthSpring’s interests throughout the meeting.
4. Coordinates and facilitates participation for all onsite readiness review and audit reviews as determined by the State.
5. Participates in and oversees special projects which involve state and local government officials, i.e., coordinating and communicating with impacted stakeholders and constituents.
6. Creates the tracking mechanisms and oversees the quarterly and annual reporting requirements to the State in accordance with contract requirements. Ensures that all functional areas are prepared and well versed to meet the complex and ever changing reporting requirements of the program. Provides management reporting on progress and risks pertaining to possible liquidated damages.
7. Conducts detailed analyses, prepares frequently complex reports and develops specific recommendations regarding special projects arising from State regulations and State laws that impact the STAR+PLUS program.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Public Administration, Political Science or closely related field. Progressively responsible experience with public agency management, policy analysis, intergovernmental relations or related field.
Demonstrated ability to analyze complex and sensitive intergovernmental issues, develop and make recommendations to senior level staff and implement decisions in compliance with State (HHSC and DADS) and contractual requirements.