Return to EngenderHealth.org
Senior Clinical program Manager
|# of openings:||1|
TITLE: Senior Clinical Program Manager
LOCATION: Abuja, Nigeria
PROJECT: Fistula Care Plus
REPORTS TO: Country Program Manager, Nigeria
EngenderHealth is a leading global women’s health organization committed to ensuring that every pregnancy is planned, every child is wanted, and every mother has the best chance at survival. In 20 countries around the world, we train health care professionals and partner with governments and communities to make high-quality family planning and sexual and reproductive health services available—today and for generations to come.
Senior Clinical Program Manager will support strengthening Fistula Care prevention and repair activities as assigned. S/he will work closely with medical authorities in project supported states and staff in supported-sites to provide technical assistance for interventions related to fistula prevention and repair in accordance with national and EngenderHealth standards and guidelines.
Under the direction of the Country Project Manager and Global Project Director, the Senior Clinical Program Manager will:
• Provide technical oversight to other clinical staff on FC+ in the design, implementation and integration of comprehensive fistula care programs, which includes the provision of family planning services. Development and evaluate these programs and activities;
• Manage clinical staff and provide oversight in the provision of fistula and family planning services and training on these areas;
• Ensure that fistula treatment and family planning services at partner repair sites are providing high quality care and meeting standards through clinical tracking of individual clients, as well as aggregate monitoring and evaluation;
• Support and build the capacity of the MOH, local NGOs and professional associations in collaboration with FC+ partners to create awareness and support fistula services and build their capacity;
• Review and lead the update the National OF strategy and use of the Surgical Safety Toolkit.
• Facilitate non-surgical treatment of fistula using the FMOH catheter guideline for fistula prevention and treatment and non-surgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse with pessary; to include coordination of task-shifted platforms with the National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives;
• Cooperate with the M&E staff to support M&E implementation and tracking of the project’s standardized indicators for OF;
• Train healthcare workers in various clinical content, i.e. counseling, family planning, pre and post-operative care, and use of the project’s Surgical Safety Checklist at OF sites;
• Supervise OF repair sessions at all supported FC+ sites using the Surgical Safety Toolkit quality assurance trackers and surgical safety checklists;
• Train regional supervisors in supervision and medical monitoring for genital tract fistula at the clinical level
• Support routine implementation of standardized project facility assessment carried out by facility staff and finalized on walk-through audit visits.
• Support fistula facilities utilization of standardized facility assessments and the Sentinel Event tracker of the surgical safety toolkit to support, or to help create, facility processes for monthly ‘Morbidity and Mortality’ review meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities and is committed to diversity for all employees. EngenderHealth does not consider race, creed, ancestry, nationality, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, status as a disabled or any other characteristic or protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment, benefits, staff development, training, promotion and any other employment conditions.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results