· Greet patients and agency visitors; direct all people to the appropriate location and services; be courteous, polite and helpful to the public and clients at all times when representing the medical office.
· Respect and maintain privacy and dignity of agency clients; assure client confidentiality at all times.
· Provide efficient and professional telephone services; transfer calls according to established protocols.
· Register patients according to organization protocols.
· Determine patient’s insurance and their eligibility for services; assist patients in accurately completing appropriate forms, and document all information.
· Schedule appointments for patients according to established procedures.
· Collect and post fees according to protocols; prepare and balance daily financial registers and submit all forms and fees to the fiscal department.
· Maintain and report statistics as required.
· Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk activities.
· Secure the building at the close of each working day; turn off or unplug appliances and machines according to organization protocols and lock all entrances.
· Assure the readiness of the reception area for each working day; open the building at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
· Participate in staff and educational meetings.
Required Minimum Experience:
· Experience as a receptionist, preferably in a healthcare setting
· Warm outgoing personality
· Ability to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds
· Excellent telephone skills and etiquette
· Ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to work accurately and efficiently
· Must have computer knowledge, Microsoft Excel, and Word experience a must, 50 WPM
· Knowledge of patient billing procedures
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access. Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.