Responsible for the creation and execution of Design Verification Plans (DVPs). Will be required to work with project teams and will be responsible for the success of individual projects.
- Responsible for constructing, executing, signing and documenting DVPs with Project Leaders (Project leaders involved in creation and signing).
- Will be required to conduct testing in addition to directing the activities of others.
- Work heavily with various types of data acquisition equipment from setup to post processing of data to draw conclusions.
- Develop standardized test protocol based on real world data.
- Heavy role in new technology development by providing answers to design questions through data analysis.
- Communicate results by weekly presentation and by thorough documentation for future reference.
- Assist in tuning and prototype builds.
- Follow current process as well as drive changes to increase efficiency.
- Work with design group, project leaders, NPI, and test assets in a matrixed organization to drive successful project outcomes.
- 6 month goal: Execute pre-constructed DVPs and understand the Fox Testing process
- 12 month goal: Construct generic DVPs and play a large role in growing the test group and division.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or related field of study,
- 3 years of relevant experience in either suspension damper development or the power sports industry.
- Deep understanding of data acquisition and data analysis.
- Experience in a Test Lab environment.
- Solid computer competency using Microsoft Office and data acquisition software.
- Good communication skills both verbally and through electronic documentation.
- Experience with Pro-E/3D modeling and FEA experience a plus.
- Enthusiasm and experience with power sports products is a plus. Engineering experience in the power sports industry is valued.
Cover letters are a nice way to tell your story but often sound a bit generic. This job requires a minimum of good engineering and project management skills. At Fox, we want more than just the minimum. Our team is composed of people who care deeply about our markets and customers. They all have personal and/or professional background in at least one of our market segments. If you’re interested in this job, please submit a description of why you want to work in the power sports industry. There’s no need to write a novel. Please keep it to a page or less. We’re looking for people who want to be here for more than just a job.
Our development team is a fun, dynamic, and exciting place to work. We appreciate your interest.