Specialty Cook-Chinese Cuisine
|Metro Area Location:||Las Vegas||Job Code:||32785|
|State/Territory:||US - Nevada (NV)||# of openings:||1|
Specialty Cook Needed!
Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for the airline industry. For the past 70 years, we have served over 250 carriers in more than 30 countries. Gate Gourmet combines culinary expertise with the highest standards of food safety and production to deliver delicious, healthy, and affordable meals to over 270 million travelers around the globe.
We are now hiring for Cook, Specialty Chinese Cuisine, to work in our flight kitchen servicing McCarran International airport. This position is represented by a labor Union and is covered by one or more collective bargaining agreement.
A cook is responsible:
Job Specific Requirements:
· At least 2 years experience cooking in a high volume institutional catering environment
· Read, write and follow food specifications and menu guidelines in English
· Experience with Chinese cooking (Cantonese and Mandarin).
Our Employees Must Be Able to:
· Work assigned schedule which may include multiple shifts, weekends and holidays
· Work overtime when required
· Arrive to work on-time
· Pass a criminal background check
· Pass a drug screen
· Handle fish, beef, pork, poultry and other food products
· Follow written food specifications and menu guidelines
· Handle knives and kitchen tools properly
· Complete paperwork
· Communicate with Supervisors and co-workers
· Follow directions
· Work as a member of a team
· Culinary degree or cooking certification preferred
· Will be exposed to extreme temperature changes and noise
· Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move product, equipment and supplies up to fifty (50) pounds
· Regularly stands, bends, lifts, and moves intermittently during shifts of 8+ hours
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
“gategroup is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or other category protected under applicable law.
For further information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity copy and paste the following URL into your web browser: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.”
For best results, apply using Chrome or Firefox as your Internet browser.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results