To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
- Supervise employee in installation and repair of mechanical equipment
- Utilize working knowledge of electrical systems, both controls and industrial wiring systems, pipe fitting, plumbing, and welding.
- Interpret company policy to members and enforce company policy and practices
- Train mechanics on procedures and policies as needed
- Identify areas of opportunity for maintenance processes, and develop solutions to problems as they arise
- Develop Supervisors and Leads throughout the Maintenance Department to be more effective leaders
Skills and Knowledge:
- General knowledge of machinery associated with the industry
- Strong mechanical and electrical skills
- Strong trouble shooting skills and decision making skills
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s)
- Must be able to stand for 10 hours in a cold/hot wet environment
- Must be able to grasp, push/pull, and perform repetitive motions
- Must be able to adapt to loud noise levels, requiring hearing protection