POSITION: Buildings and Grounds Supervisor
- Minimum 4 years’ experience as a Facilities Supervisor, overseeing the operation and maintenance of a 700 to 1000 person organization’s buildings and grounds
- Minimum 2 years’ experience supervising hourly staff
- Working knowledge of space planning and layout required
- Working knowledge of CAD software a plus
- Previous experience coordinating building renovation or expansion projects
- Understanding of and experience with chemical labeling
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Maintain corporate office building and grounds in good status to comply with environmental, health, and safety policies.
- Oversees the scheduling, maintenance, and monitoring all heating, ventilating, air conditioning, water, electric, and other systems to ensure efficient operation.
- Coordinates construction, remodeling, and repair projects. Obtains cost estimates and coordinates activities related to building renovations or space allocations, and inspects completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Manages security standards and security vendor to ensure constant protection of staff, facilities, and equipment from fire, theft, sabotage, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all employees and customers.
- Develops, monitors, and implements schedule of housekeeping activities such as janitorial, lawn and landscaping maintenance, snow and trash removal, and painting and minor repairs.
- Participates in capacity expansion projects and provides assistance as required.
- Coordinates move and placement of furniture and equipment and interoffice moves.
- Ensures budgetary compliance.
- Requires physical exertion to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects as needed.
- Conduct detailed inspections of building and grounds, and establish maintenance and repair schedules.
- Plan and oversee all maintenance and repair work.
- Arrange for services of outside contractors as needed.
- Develop, and test annually, work place emergency evacuations, such as fire or natural disaster.
- Establish and maintain First Responder Team.
- Respond to emergency calls after scheduled hours when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.