- Ability to work extended hours/weekends if needed
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Basic understanding of food safety and HACCP
- Minimum 1-2 yrs. Meat/Food Industry experience
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, problem solving and leadership qualities.
Hours: A Shift
- Work with Operations team to ensure programs are being followed
- Act as a liaison for the company with USDA to ensure that the company maintains operations with in regulatory guidelines
- Train and monitor employees for adherence to company SOP’s, SSOP’s and GMP’s
- Review and monitor food safety interventions
- Ensure plant employees are following GMP’s
- Conduct investigations of plant processes for process improvements
- Keep track of QA Technicians hours, vacations, and time off
- Perform daily safety walks and correct any non-compliance issues
- Continue growth and development of the QA Techs
- Supervise a team of QA Technicians
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Contributes to the ongoing development of JBS policies and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.