LOCATION: Refining & Chemicals West Deptford, NJ
The Process Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of innovative technology in the Johnson Matthey West Deptford Platinum Group Metals Refinery. The incumbent designs, installs, operates and troubleshoots process systems. The role requires a hands on approach to problem solving with 75% of the time anticipated to be in the plant.
- Completes projects by commissioning and optimizing the equipment, and once completed, the incumbent trains the operators on how to run the process safely
- Designs reactors, reactor systems and specifies materials of construction
- Prepares drawings and sketches of reaction systems and documents all aspects of the system
- Designs control systems and suitable instrumentation required for the process
- Prepares capex budgets, and once approved, manages all aspects of the project installation
- Prepares timelines for projects and then works to the timelines that have been published
- Follows/conducts the 6 stage PHA process for all projects
Are you the ideal candidate?
- B.S. in Chemical Engineering required
- Three plus years of experience in engineering in a chemical process environment required
- Precious metal industry experience highly preferred
- Must be able to understand basic chemistry principles
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have good communication skills, including written, verbal and the ability to successfully conduct technical presentations