VACANCY: Project/Process Engineer
LOCATION: Refining & Chemicals West Deptford, NJ
The Project/Process Engineer is accountable for the planning, design, engineering, supervision and coordination of both capital and non-capital projects. Responsibilities include maintaining the scope, schedule and budget for all assigned projects and ensuring client EHS and quality objectives are met.
- Project responsibilities include conceptual design budgeting, project and equipment specifications, health, safety and environmental compliance, soliciting quotations from equipment vendors and installation contractors, project cost estimation, financial analysis and justification, preparation of capital appropriation requests, detailed design and drawing preparation, installation supervision and start up.
- Prepare project cost estimates and capital appropriation requests, justifying proposed spending with economic returns meeting company standards.
- Evaluate existing and new processes while considering yield and productivity, scale up, precious metal lockup, health, safety and environmental impact, suitability of proposed technology to plant resources and economic justification.
- Prepare bid packages to hire outside equipment vendors and outside contractors needed to complete projects.
- Complete engineering projects on time and at or under budget.
- Provide process engineering and troubleshooting support to production, utilities as necessary to meet all production/customer commitments.
- Oversight of various contractors covering all disciplines (civil, building, mechanical and process).
- Troubleshooting process problems in the manufacturing operation and utilization of the Allen Bradley PLC system.
- Making modifications to existing equipment and designing and installing new process equipment.
- Supervise and direct the design, installation, start up and debug of new/modified equipment and facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring projects allocated are delivered to clients’ requirements meeting or exceeding the user requirement/project definition.
- Some international travel may be required to support global business objectives.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum of 7+ years’ project/process engineering experience required with experience in a chemical plant strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with PLC programming and controls experience preferred.
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus.
- Incumbent must be willing to obtain the NJ Boiler License.