Vacancy: EHS Manager
Location: ROYSTON AND BRIMSDOWN
Working in collaboration with Operations, Engineering, Supply Chain, Legal, and EHS departments to implement robust systems in order to ensure compliance and conformance to EHS Policies and Management Systems whilst growing and supporting a strong EHS culture. This position is also responsible for the leadership and development of a group of EHS professionals.
- To deliver continuous and sustainable improvements in safety and environmental performance at PGMS’s Royston and Brimsdown facilities
- To provide exceptional EHS leadership to PGMS personnel and especially the EHS professionals at our Royston and Brimsdown sites.
- Provide a clearly defined EHS management system for PGMS EMEA to identify and define the processes and procedures required by regulation and Group EHS
- Define the EHS competency framework to which employees should be working to within PGMS EMEA
- Ensure that adequate training is set up (e-learning and workshop, where appropriate)
- Provide an enhanced management system for high risk areas within PGMS EMEA, e.g. Platinum salt sensitisation & CEM (Chemical Exposure Management), with relevant guidance and training
- Drive the effort to embed the JM Behavioural Standard in PGMS EMEA
- Lead an effective audit program to include identification of breaches to company policies and correction of “at-risk” conditions and/or behaviours
- Introduce a regime of regular inspections and monitoring as part of compliance verification using relevant Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Ensure correct level of competency within the EHS team to provide technical advice where needed, monitor exposure risks for employees, check adequacy of controls and work with Operational team to address gaps and/or deficiencies in the system
- Ensure a robust Change Management system in place to capture all safety related risks and associated controls to ensure layers of protection are maintained
- Track Leading and Lagging KPIs and report back to high level Operational Management
- Ensure timely escalation and reporting of incidents is carried out according to requirements of internal and external regulatory bodies (e.g. Group EHS, HSE, Environment Agency)
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in driving accountability with the Operational teams through effective communication to ensure compliance as a minimum but also drive encourage excellence in the area of EHS
- Provide strategic vision for the future of PGMS EMEA, outlining areas of weakness, ensuring action plans are in place, including involvement in and active encouragement of Capital Planning around EHS related improvements.
Are you the ideal candidate?
You will have:
- Member or Fellow of professional body with appropriate professional qualification (e.g IOSH, CMIOSH)
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in an Engineering, Chemical and/or Pharmaceutical environment
- Proven experience in a Leadership role
- Demonstrable experience in the application of EHS management systems
- Strong proven experience in the supervision/management of professional and administrative staff
- Strong background in Process Safety/PSM/IH and/or COMAH and/or IH is a benefit
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.