Summary of Position
This position is responsible for the PGM coating of diesel and gasoline catalysts and filters on each line shift in either the Devon II or Devon III facility in Wayne, PA . You are responsible for the immediate actions required to set up, monitor and trouble shoot the equipment associated with the manufacturing of diesel or gasoline catalysts as well as monitoring and controlling the production process.
Nature and Scope
The Process Control Engineer coordinates with the Shift Supervisor the activities of the following hourly employees assigned to the manufacturing line in order to ensure timely system changeovers, high health and safety standards, and proper raw material requirements to meet the production schedule, while attaining optimal productivity and quality.
The Process Control Engineers will report directly to their respective Production Superintendent.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental & health and safety regulations and company policies.
- Ensure the effective utilization of up to 250,000 troy ounces of precious metal / year.
- Support the implementation of new technologies through new procedures and training of new or existing personnel.
- Interact with the Maintenance, Batching, Quality, Process Engineering, and Automation teams in solving process / equipment problems and ensures the proper operation of all equipment on the production lines.
- Lead the efforts to optimize the process parameters in order to improve cycle times (efficiency), minimize rejects (LTY), avoid waste and reduce downtime.
- Provide weekly / monthly reports on specific operating results, and suggest methods for improvement via procedural change, or initiation of capital project requests.
- Work independently on assigned project work, as well as supporting the capital plan of the facility.
- Participate on and possibly lead varied Lean Manufacturing teams such as Kaizen or 5S.
- Follow and maintain all the documentation associated with his/her activities as defined in the Quality Management System.
- Other duties as assigned or required
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
- B.S. in Engineering recommended. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid problem solving abilities. Self-motivated with the ability to work on an independent basis.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Products