Vacancy: Site Production Manager - Brimsdown
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Production Manager to support our Site Manager based in Brimsdown.
The role is responsible for the delivery of metrics in terms of production targets and cost along with ensuring that EHS, Quality and Security standards are adhered to. The successful candidate will work with the Site Manager in order to deliver continuous improvement and a LEAN culture.
In addition, the role will require a forward-thinking people manager who is able to liaise with all levels within the business to ensure quality and safety, drive performance and develop staff, whilst working on various demanding projects.
- Provide EHS leadership in order to improve processes, equipment, staff awareness and training to ensure EHS improvement and delivery against KPI’s and Regulatory/corporate needs
- Lead a focus towards Process Safety Management, ensuring that compliance gaps are closed and leading indicators are monitored to improve performance
- Alongside Supply Chain set a suitable operations strategy to balance workload to ensure production output and delivery targets are achieved cost effectively and with minimum inventory
- Work with Engineering to identify critical equipment, develop preventive maintenance and asset lifecycle care, including strategic replacement of equipment
- Deliver strategic capex planning, and ensure the critical phases of the project delivery process are delivered from scope/URS through to commissioning and full handover
- Develop a LEAN implementation strategy for all departments to deliver 5% yr-on-yr metal improvements and 5% cost improvement over 5 yrs. in accordance with Manufacturing Excellence requirements
- Own the operational aspects of new technology introduction for all production departments, ensuring that safe and profitable processes are brought from concept to full production
- Working with HR and the Site Manager set a strategy to ensure that the production area and production operators have the necessary manpower, competence, knowledge and both technical and leadership skills
- Implement, monitor & review training & development strategy and support learning & development
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or equivalent science based subject or demonstrate equivalent experience/knowledge
- High level of numeracy, working with systems and data, SPC control, statistical understanding would be advantageous
- Experience of implementing talent and workforce planning strategies, organization design
- Good understanding of general EHS management principles and some knowledge of Process Safety Management
- Excellent motivational, coaching, mentoring skills
- Demonstrable ability to influence and persuade others to take appropriate actions
- Skilled and confident communicator who can clearly present ideas and solutions
- Resilience to work under sustained pressure
Due to the nature of this role applicants must be non-smokers and have been free from nicotine products for at least 3 months.
How to apply:
Internal applicants should advise their line manager before applying. If you have the necessary skills and experience to join our team, please apply online.
Candidates will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.