Summary of Position
The purpose of this position is to support and coordinate EHS program implementation and trending effectiveness. The position requires supporting all program areas of EHS with a focus in risk assessment, permit to work, incident investigation, and ISO 14001 EMS. The risk assessment function encompasses all risks to include machine safety, chemical exposure management, ergonomics and job safety analysis programs.
- Support the EH&S department to ensure compliance with all environmental health and safety federal, state, and local regulations as well as Company policies.
- Support EH&S manager to ensure EHS culture is adopted appropriately throughout the plant.
- Interface professionally with company employees, customers, government officials, and the public in all areas relating to the environment, health, and safety
- Conduct risk assessments with department managers to include job safety analyses, PPE, chemical exposure management and ergonomic assessments
- Manage and monitor implementation of permit to work programs to include working at heights, confined spaces, energy isolation, hot work.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of existing and proposed EHS related regulations
- Conduct and coordinate regular internal audits demonstrating environmental, health and safety compliance at the plant
- Manage incident investigation program to include assessing completion of root cause analyses and related corrective actions
- Assist with tracking and promotion of the Learning Events.
- Manage EHS procedures for hazard identification, risk assessment, determination of necessary controls and for ISO 14001 EMS.
- Provide support for the industrial hygiene monitoring program.
- Support chemical spill response program to include conducting drills, assisting with assessments and spill incident investigations.
- Design and provide guidance with EHS Department meetings. Program effectiveness should support behavioral safety concepts
- Provide support to EHS training program to include the development of resources for Supervisors to use in meetings and for focused supplemental support of core training.
- Support compliance with Hazard Communication Global Harmonization System to include product Safety Data Sheet development and maintenance and overall labeling requirements
- Process invoices, work orders, and expense reports and travel arrangements.
Knowledge, Skills, and Educational Requirements
Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years EHS experience in manufacturing environment
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in a relevant EHS, engineering, or science curriculum.
Ability to learn software and data/document management systems as required.
Strong interactive management and analytical skills.
Excellent organizational skills, including the efficiency in handling a significant amount of paperwork and document control management.
Good communication skills (both oral and written)
Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office applications
Ability to handle multiple priorities work in a fast paced work environment.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to respond promptly to issues.