MLB’s broadcast engineers operate, maintain, modify, install, and repair broadcast equipment and systems, including the latest in next generation multimedia technology. Working alongside others in the multimedia department, MLB’s broadcast engineers operate a wide range of equipment to ensure that feeds are transmitted across broadcast and network systems at the correct times and to the highest standards of technical quality.
The work is predominantly based at our NYC Chelsea headquarters but could include a variety of locations. This a part-time hourly position.
Typical work activities:
- Operations include provisioning, routing and monitoring multiple A/V feeds to and from our facility
- Installing, maintaining, modifying and repairing multimedia hardware, software and other broadcast
- Analyzing and rectifying technical faults
- Identifying and implementing alternative ways of meeting requirements to cover equipment failures, with minimum loss of service
- Investigating new techniques and equipment
- Setting up and operating links for outside broadcasts
- Interpreting instructions and requests from others working on programs
- Custom manufacturing A/V and network cables
- Communicating effectively with own team and other project members
- Requires a minimum two years of prior experience in broadcast engineering field. Primarily: signal flow, architecture and technical schematic comprehension.
- Experience with PC and Mac Systems. Basic computer networking skills.
- Operational experiences in on-air switching, routing, master control, commercial insertion with some video tape operations.
- Working knowledge of SD/HD TX/RX equipment and systems. Working knowledge of analog and digital audio systems.
- Mobile / Remote production, ENG and Data Center experience a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of HD and Standard Def Digital systems.
Evertz Routers, switchers and terminal gear
Apple Mac OS
MS Windows OS
Digital Video Encoders
Streaming Media Encoders