Guest Services Agent
|# of openings:||1|
|Day(s) Of Week Preference:||Saturday, Sunday, Holidays|
|Shift Preference:||Day, Swing|
|Education Level:||High School Diploma|
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Accepts payment and makes change for ticket transactions. Issues receipts, refunds or change due to guests.
· Keeps daily balance sheet of cash received and tickets sold.
· Sells tickets from box office as a designated Cashier.
· Interfaces with both Central Reservations and Accounting Offices for smooth ticketing procedures and cash handling responsibilities.
· Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
· Sorts, counts, and wraps currency and coins.
· Calculates total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales.
· Assists and manages guests in the queuing and boarding process of entrance lines to all of our vessels in the boarding areas.
· Assists in the collection of admission tickets from guests.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answers questions concerning fares, routes, schedules, and reservations, and gives information concerning coming attractions.
· Greet guests upon arriving at any of our locations.
· Assists guests and answers questions in regards to Alcatraz Island and other local attractions.
· Follows all National Park Service directives, and Alcatraz Island policies, to ensure all passengers, guests, and visitors to the Area have an Interpretive Experience.
· 2 years customer service experience
· Demonstrated accurate cash handling skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including conflict resolution skills
· Knowledge of another language in addition to English is preferred
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
It is the policy of Alcatraz Cruises not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
|Back to Search Results