|Day(s) Of Week Preference:
||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays
While using excellent customer service skills, this position simultaneously ensures the security and safety of employees and guests and maintains crowd control. The Security/Safety agent is the predominant presence in the Landing area and has the responsibility to represent the company and provide the highest degree of customer service in all situations and interactions with both the guest and non-guest public. The Security/Safety agent is the first responder to all incidences and emergency situations on the landing and as needed on the vessels. In addition, ensures the safe and efficient movement of cars, shuttles and buses in and out of company parking lot.
Please note that this is a SEASONAL position and will be ending in October/November. However, some of the seasonal staff will be retained as Full Time and Part Time workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To ensure safety and security for guests and employees, assesses behavior, identifies suspicious activity and potential threats and responds according to standards set forth by management.
- Ensures cars using parking lot have authority to do so. Provides parking information for guests who need to park.
- Communicates drop off and pick up policy with bus drivers transporting groups
- Helps cue guests into various lines, e.g., tickets, scanners, photos, gate.
- Provides reports as requested by management, such as daily shift logs, incident reports
- Following a schedule or at management’s direction, rotates among various stations including patrolling the landing, outside and inside.
- Valid Drivers License Required
- Customer Service Experience Required
- Guard Card/Certification Required
- Security, Law Enforcement and/or Military Experience Preferred
- Excellent Writing, including Report Writing, Skills Preferred
Heavy emphasis on Customer Service and Crowd Control. You are outdoors all the time, regardless of the weather.
It is the policy of Alcatraz Cruises not to discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.