Admissions Coordinator- Per Diem
|Location:||Miami Lakes - Main Office - North Office|
|# of openings:||2|
At the Highest level, Catholic Hospice Employees must (a) be committed to Hospice philosophy
and mission and (b) provide outstanding customer service, aligned with the Customer Service
Guidelines, to both internal and external customers. Additionally, be able to promote an
awareness and understanding of positive ethical and moral principles consistent with the
mission, vision, and values of Catholic Hospice and those required by law. The Admissions
Coordinator is responsible for taking telephone inquires regarding information about Catholic
Hospice services and for coordinating the scheduling of referrals for an admission evaluation.
Will also educate staff and respond to families regarding questions pertaining to Hospice
reimbursement issues as the needs arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Commitment to Hospice philosophy and mission.
2. Commitment and Implementation of Catholic Hospice's "Customer Service Guidelines."
3. Consistent application of Customer Service Guidelines with phone etiquette to facilitate
communication between patients, families and other team members.
4. Ability to interact with the public and other employees in a positive manner and promote
a cooperative working environment.
5. Consistently exhibit respectful behavior to maximize team effort through interactions with
both clinical sand support staff.
6. Ability to coordinate several projects at the same time with competing demands and tight
7. Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
8. Demonstrates knowledge of Catholic Hospice, Inc., polices and procedures and pertinent State
and Federal Rules and Regulations.
9. Computer literacy required with proficiency in word processing and general computer
10. Ability to educate staff and respond to diverse referral sources regarding questions
pertaining to hospice services.
11. Evaluate and insure accuracy in the preparation of documentation.
12. Increases referral base by effectively communicating with referral sources.
13. Able to maintain files and other information in an organized manner.
14. Ability to travel to any location throughout South Florida as needed and expand territory
as business needs dictate.
15. Attends various meetings as requested by the Admissions Manager.
1. Ensure effective communication with Marketing, field admissions, referral sources and
2. Take referrals from all sources, not limited to phone orders, including MD’s, SW’s,
case managers, patients, and family members.
3. Obtain written consent from patient, family or patient assignee, when criteria for hospice admission
4. Sets appointments for Admission Nurses. Verifies next of kin and demographic
5. Verifies with referring MD terminal diagnosis, prognosis, appropriate medical
management within the scope of hospice care, and gives that information to the
6. Communicates with referral sources about appointments, MD orders, time frames for
admission, and any barriers that may preclude us from an immediate admission.
7. Contacts patient/family within twenty-four (24) hours to set up appointment to explain hospice
8. Provides accurate and appropriate documentation of patient/family services
9. Adjusts work assignments and schedule in response to changing patient and/or organizational
10. Coordinate with the Finance Department to ensure all avenues are taken for quick
admission to Catholic Hospice, Inc. ensuring reimbursement areas are explored and
verified prior to the admission process.
11. Participates in the admission team responsibility of providing seven (7) days week coverage;
including evenings and holidays.
12. Documents conversations with referral sources, patients and families on the prospective
patients face sheet.
13. Monitor status logs for accuracy.
14. Ensures consents are sent federal express to out of state caregivers.
15. Ensures pharmacy receives face sheets of all new admissions.
16. Supports Marketing Representatives with referral sources and activities.
17. Participate with on-call rotations.
18. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common information, reports and medical documents.
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or
members of the Healthcare industry. Ability to effectively present information to management,
public groups, referral sources or patients and caregivers. Ability to speak and write Spanish is
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and talk or
hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel, sit for
long periods of time, stand frequently, bend, squat, reach and turn to access files and office
equipment. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Field positions will be exposed to
various unfamiliar conditions which may include, but are not limited to: patient homes, nursing
homes, assisted living facilities, doctor's offices and hospitals. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Bilingual (English / Spanish)
Proficiency in word processing and general computer applications, including, but not limited
to Microsoft Office. Experience in Suncoast or Medicare / Medicaid systems a strong
Minimum one year experience with healthcare admissions process. Hospice
experienced strongly preferred
Must be 18 years or older
Pass the drug test
Ability and willingness to work a flexible Full Time schedule that includes weekends,
evenings and holidays
Must be able to use facsimile, write and transcribe information accurately
Must be able to provide own transportation to various locations in service areas, as
required by duties
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results