At KTG USA, we epitomize diligence, endurance, and perseverance. We are the largest manufacturing facility beneath one roof in the Memphis region. As a key partner under the Kruger Products L.P. family, we value customers. We value employees. We simply value relationships. We seize opportunities and cultivate potential. Our shared principles-character, development, teamwork, ownership, and rewards governs our behavior as a progressive organization of choice. If you’re passionate about going above and beyond, come and join our vibrant team as we embrace a new era of excitement, growth, and infinite possibilities. We are currently seeking a:
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician position is part of a Maintenance Team that supports the paper machine and the two converting lines. The position coordinates closely with the paper machine and converting operations teams as customers of the reliability centered maintenance support services the maintenance team is responsible for delivering. The Mechanical Maintenance Technician position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor. This is an hourly paid position in our high performance work system that works a rotating 24 hour, 7 day per week shift schedule. There are both day (Monday through Friday) assignments and shift assignments. It is expected that all of our Mechanical Maintenance Technician positions will fill both day and shift roles over the course of time.
The principal responsibilities of the Mechanical Maintenance Technician position are to ensure that the processes are maintained in a preventive fashion to ensure optimum reliability and up time. This position troubleshoots processes and has the ability to diagnose mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems associated with process equipment. The Mechanical Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing malfunctioning equipment such as pumps, motors, controls and other components. Job duties may also include fabricating parts, operating machining equipment such as lathes, grinders, etc. The position is also responsible for the safe use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools and power tools. Mechanical Maintenance Technicians will also have responsibilities to support and learn E/I Maintenance skills and tasks as necessary.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician closely integrates with the operating area he/she is assigned to, providing insights into the high performance work team concept to ensure that team and business goals are achieved. As such, if business or operational situations necessitate, the Mechanical Maintenance Technicians may be called upon to backfill operations personnel. They are also expected to proactively assist operations personnel, as needed in daily activities, to meet organizational objectives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Technicians will accept personal responsibility at all times for themselves and assist where they can with the safety of other team members and contractors. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Ensuring all safety rules and safe work procedures are followed by themselves and by others working in and around the machinery
- All injuries and near misses being reported and followed up in a timely manner
- Actively participate in accident incident investigations
- Housekeeping standards and expectations are maintained
- Providing leadership and active participation in team safety meetings, discussions, and training opportunities
- Following all safety procedures such as Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, PPE, etc.
- Lead and/or participate in crew discussions (both within maintenance and with operations) prior to major events, e.g. down days, etc. emphasizing Job Hazard Analyses prior to commencing work.
- Ensure crew has adequate supply of required safety equipment
- First Responder responsibilities as trained for and required
Technicians will ensure that all paper products adhere to quality conformance and diligence specifications. This includes, but is not limited to such things as:
- Lead by example by being a quality advocate
- Providing support as needed to correct quality deficiencies, e.g. product or packaging defects
- Ensuring all work performed meets quality standards
Productivity and Reliability:
Technicians will safely:
- Provide support to operations in running machines at centerline conditions, standard speeds, etc. to maximize efficiency and productivity. Additionally, they will be expected to assist with troubleshooting equipment issues.
- Address downtime issues promptly and effectively.
- Lead and/or participate with root cause analysis for operating problems including the identification of contributing causes for non-operating events and work to eliminate the root cause for continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoot mechanical problems by utilizing standardized problem solving techniques, verifying that proper investigative actions are completed so that root causes may be quickly identified.
- Maintain spares as needed to insure that equipment is available when required.
- Effectively utilize and maintain the SAP Plan Maintenance System, including following all computer based and paper processes for work order completion and documentation.
- Manage costs that they have the ability to impact wisely and eliminate waste (i.e. parts, tools, time, personnel), and take the initiative to bring forward and resolve issues.
- Continuously strive to reduce Stores inventory requirements by increasing reliability through predictive monitoring, scheduled and preventative maintenance.
- Debottlenecking operation by addressing upcoming production’s needs and proactively resolving issues prior to scheduled requirements.
Equipment and Facility Maintenance
Technicians will work to maintain the integrity of the facility and operating equipment to ensure on-going safe, reliable operations. This includes such things as:
- Maintaining housekeeping standards
- Performing basic care rounds, ensuring that all equipment is inspected as specified by the Reliability-Centered-Maintenance requirements.
- Monitor conditions of equipment by lubrication and vibration analysis
- Completing maintenance care responsibilities and initiating and assisting in equipment repair as needed
Technicians will be expected to take an active role in learning the equipment, processes, and systems. Additionally, they will be expected to:
- Participate in organizational improvement teams, e.g. Safety Committee, Quality Improvement, Productivity / Cost Reduction Teams, etc, as assigned on a rotating basis
- Actively share their knowledge to train/mentor other team members, including both maintenance and operations, to foster their development, including required safety training control systems, troubleshooting capabilities and other skills as identified.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Predictive Index(PI) Assessment
- Work Keys(Reading & Math) Assessment (Silver)
- Mechanical Aptitude (STM Assessment)
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Committed to safety & organizational goals
- A record of stable & continuous employment
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience
- Must be computer literate
- Professional communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs., climb ladders and stairs, and stand for continuous periods of time with or without reasonable accomodation.
- Ability to work rotating 12hr shifts, OT, & weekends/holidays
- Ability to work in a hot, humid, noisy, & high volume machine production area
- Ability & willingness to work safely & wear PPE as required
- Meeting Attendance expectation
- Journeyman status preferred
- 2 year technical degree or 5 years industrial work experience in relevant mechanical field
KTG USA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in KTG USA but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.