The Investment Operations Specialist position resides within our operations group. This is a great opportunity to work with a dynamic group of people while learning about the operational aspects of hedge funds.
• Run proper accounting system reports after prices have been uploaded and prepare collateral report.
• Review collateral report and issue claim(s) to counterparties if needed as well as review counterparty claims.
• Prepare formal reconciliation comparing market value of underlying derivatives from accounting system to counterparty values.
• Post entries to the accounting system, confirm all payments via e-mail or phone with brokers, and set-up instructions for wire receipts and wire payments.
• Confirm all daily derivative cash flow movements, ensure cash is settled on behalf of the funds, and post income payments and receipts to the accounting system.
• Review and post credit interest to accounting system for interest earned on collateral.
• Ensure cash discrepancies related to the collateral process are resolved in a timely manner.
• Provide front office with information needed on an ad hoc basis and notify front office of large valuation variances.
• BA degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or a related field.
• 2 years of relevant work experience with derivative product knowledge is preferred.
• Strong communication skills are essential.
• Capable of building and maintaining relationships with counterparties.
• Possess intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to learn.
• Ability to work well under pressure and within a deadline driven environment.
• Must be diligent, detail oriented, and have the ability to prioritize.