|# of Openings:||1|
The Children Services division of Catholic Charities is seeking a Shelter Coordinator. This role is responsible for providing licensed coverage at the St. Michael’s Home for Children’s two facilities.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS, CERTIFICATION, AND LICENSE
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Ability to handle and maintain confidential information
2. Ability to supervise ratio of staff to client
3. Ability to organize and maintain oversight.
4. Demonstrates organizational and planning skills.
5. Demonstrates success in interacting with a variety of people, i.e., staff and senior management, clients and volunteers.
6. Strong verbal and written communication skills, command of English language and bilingual in Spanish.
7. Minimum of 3 years of experience in residential children services or equivalent to residential experience in a
1. Fast-paced environment with responsibility for minors who have suffered trauma, abused and neglect.
2. Can be stressful and requires above average problem solving skills.
3. Requires some weekend coverage.
Must have reliable transportation, valid Texas Drivers License, and evidence of insurability.
Must be able to coordinate a variety of activities.
Must be able to work on a flexible schedule.
Must be able to maintain a good working relationship with staff.
Must be able to remain alert and awake during all work hours ensuring client safety at all times.
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Galveston is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 713-526-4611 ext. 6597 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results