ECS Federal, LLC (ECS) is seeking a Business Analyst to work in our Stafford, VA office.
The ECS Team provides focused agile software development and maintenance for CODIS, a mission-critical application for the FBI. CODIS is a client server application developed using Microsoft .NET that supports a database repository of DNA profiles from individuals, unsolved crime scene evidence, and missing persons. CODIS software allows local, state, and national laboratories to compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial crimes to each other and identifying suspects by matching DNA profiles from crime scenes to individuals’ profiles. Additionally, the CODIS software is used to assist with the identification of unidentified human remains, missing persons and disaster victims.
The Business Analyst will support the DMSS program by providing business analysis and testing expertise to a Scrum Team tasked with delivering functional enhancements to the CODIS system.
• Interact with required stakeholders including CODIS PMO, business analysts, testers, infrastructure managers, and PM Team to understand the needs of end users and document those needs as functional requirements
• Decompose Functional Requirements into appropriate scrum units (e.g., User Stories) develop appropriate acceptance criteria to ensure requirements are met
• Collaborate with other teams to understand how CODIS system changes may affect the development and testing efforts
• Develop or modify moderately complex documentation to ensure fulfillment of all SDLC requirements
• Participate in Quality Management activities
• Develop Test plans, scripts and acceptance criteria as appropriate to fully validate delivered functionality
• Support completion of required system documentation in accordance with FBI’s Life Cycle Methodology
• Support software testing, including executing test scripts and compiling test reports
• Support continuous innovation by implementing the best practices to improve technology tools and processes to increase team efficiency and technical execution
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Collaborate with Configuration Management Team to audit Team Foundation Server (TFS), provide quality assurance support to ensure proper linkages and entries, and collaborate with the team to resolve issues
• Report, track and communicate status on issues and risks using the reporting guidelines
• Coordinate monthly/sprint reporting and communication
• U.S. Citizen and ability to pass a public trust investigation
• 1 - 4 years analyzing, testing, and documenting complex software applications.
• Experience maintaining a product backlog for an Agile/Scrum program
• Experience collaborating with customer representatives, program management, and quality managers to define and document requirements in small increments
• Experience developing and executing test plans to verify system functionality
• Demonstrated multi-tasking ability, problem solving skills and a consistent record of on time delivery and customer service
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical concepts into plain English
• Secret clearance
• Working knowledge of MS Products including, TFS, SharePoint, and Word.
• Experience reviewing automated test scripts.
• Working knowledge of Agile testing tools including SpecFlow.
• Experience working with CODIS as a Forensic Scientist and/or a CODIS Administrator
• Provide an understanding of the unique requirements of the national and international forensic DNA community in an effort to ensure that application and end users work efficiently
• Develop and document requirements based on an expert understanding of the CODIS system and user requirements
• Experience in Agile SDLC, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Deployment
ECS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable Federal, state and local laws. ECS also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 1400+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.