Events Manager is responsible for all elements of Entercom Portland produced events from conception through completion. Events Manager must possess outstanding customer service, negotiation and budget management skills. The Events Manager is tasked with executing memorable events that exceed guest and client expectations. This role reports directly to the Marketing Director.
Description of Position
- Continually exceed event revenue goals on a quarterly and annual basis
- Plan, design, execute and manage project timelines for 20+ major events per year
- Liaise between Sales, Programming and Promotions staff to ensure clients/sponsorship needs and satisfaction are met
- Develop new revenue streams by taking advantage of existing artist/promotional opportunities
- Work with Vice President, Marketing Director and legal depart to negotiate/draft all contracts and vendor agreements
- Establish annual or exclusive partner/preferred vendor agreements with venues/production teams
- Prepare budgets, provide periodic reports to management and manage all event finances
- Propose ideas and implement them to improve event services and event consistency/quality
- Ensure compliance with insurance, legal, health, security, and safety obligations
- Hire, train, manage event coordinator staff and specify their responsibilities for every event
- Write press releases, work with marketing staff and digital department to promote events
- Proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot emerging problems day of event
- Prospect for event sponsors to generate leads for sales staff
- Prospect and reach out to ticketing clients to generate leads for ticketing/Perks manager
- Conduct pre- and post- event evaluations and report outcomes
- Provide quality video, audio, and digital material for immediate creative recaps and proposals
- Research market, identify event opportunities and generate interest
- Generate creative sales activation for events and present event opportunities in weekly sales meetings
- Manage all event details including decor, catering, transportation, ticketing, guest services, production, promotional material and entertainment etc.
Minimum 3 years event production or marketing experience. Must be creative, analytical, highly motivated, and persuasive. Must have strong oral and written communication skills. Requires solid knowledge of the media-sponsorship industry. Requires proficiency in a number of PC-based software including PowerPoint, word processing and graphics. Go getter attitude and great customer service skills. Able to manager work flow from Sales, Promotions and Programming departments.
Entercom Portland is an Equal Opportunity Employer