Entercom Buffalo is looking for a Director of Engineering for our seven local radio stations.
- Minimum 5 years broadcast engineering experience, at least 3 years as DOE or Chief Engineer;
- Strong verbal and writing communications skills;
- Proven managerial experience overseeing a multi-person staff;
- Strong, proven time management skills including ability to multi-task in a multiple project environment;
- Experience in project planning, management and execution;
- Effectively forecast stations’ engineering capital expenditure needs, and prepare engineering department operational and capital plans;
- Hands-on FM, HD and AM transmitter experience;
- AM Directional Antenna experience;
- Ability to inspect, repair, and maintain all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antenna’s, satellite downlinks, automation system, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators, telephone system and related other equipment.
- IT & Network knowledge and experience;
- Strong PC skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Thorough knowledge of FCC rules and regulations and ability to maintain compliance in accordance with all prevailing company and government policies.
- Experience with Computer based audio storage system, Scott Systems/Google/WOAFR preferred;
- Experience with digital audio and audio streaming;
- Proven managerial experience recruiting, mentoring and overseeing a multi-person staff.
Qualifications: Must have at least four years of college or technical school and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, Ability to multi-task and work various hours and days, including some weekends and holidays. Ability to provide on-call status 24/7 in case of equipment failure. FCC General Class License or SBE Certification and valid driver’s license.
Entercom Buffalo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.