KQRC 98.9 The Rock & KRBZ 96.5 The Buzz are looking for a part-time promotions assistant. This position averages fifteen (15) hours per week and is an excellent opportunity for candidates with a keen interest in radio from a marketing and promotions perspective. Hours may include, but are not limited to weekdays, early mornings, nights, holidays and weekends. The ideal candidate(s) should be outgoing, presentable, able to think on his/her feet, punctual, and friendly. This is not an on-air or in-studio support position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Organizing & Coordinating on-air prizes, contest giveaways and sponsorships
- Maintaining contest files and account balance for on-air contesting
- Coordinating street marketing activities including but not limited to driving station van to events, setting up station tent, hanging banners, and coordinating interactive activities with listeners
- Assisting in planning and implementing station events; including copy writing, proposals and/or client recaps as needed
- Assuring the timely and successful execution of live remote broadcasts and other public appearances
- Working cooperatively with programming, engineering and sales personnel
- Serving as liaison between the listener and the radio station
The successful candidate should possess:
- Strong communication skills; ability to interact with people in a positive way.
- Keen organizational and time management skills
- Candidate should be outgoing, presentable, able to think on his/her feet, and punctual.
- A valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation are required.
- Physical ability to carry and lift up to 50 pounds of portable equipment may be required.
- Ability to drive larger vehicles like cargo vans, pickup trucks, and SUVs is a plus.
- College degree in communications, marketing or media relations preferred.
- 21+ preferred
Entercom Kansas City is an Equal Opportunity Employer