Engineer - Milwaukee
We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented individual to assist with the successful operation of our technical and building facilities located in the upper Midwest and provide support on the various needs of other departments. The Technical Operations assistant is part of a team responsible for the uninterrupted operation of all radio, IT, and building management systems. A successful candidate must be a good multi-tasker with prior working knowledge of IT systems and experience in radio or television broadcast preferred, but not required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for managing and participating in the successful, sustained operation of all technology; including software systems, broadcast playback and production systems, radio transmitters, building and facilities, and all IT and network systems.
• Help perform general and preventative maintenance on all broadcast, IT, and building facilities equipment.
• Participate in cross-training program for all Engineering & IT personnel.
• Be available on-call for emergencies for technical operations and for transmitter emergencies when necessary.
• Back up Director of Technical Operations as needed.
• Stay current on state-of-the-art developments in IT, production, and broadcast technical areas and make recommendations to senior leadership when necessary.
Credentials and Experience:
• At least 3-5 years of experience working in the IT Technology Field, with broadcast experience preferred.
• SBE and/or Microsoft certification preferred.
• Working knowledge of workstations and servers, IP telephony, and networking.
• A willingness to learn about AM/FM broadcast transmitters and systems, including IBOC technology.
• Knowledge of Wide Orbit radio automation and Axia IP audio a plus.
• Highly developed computer skills; experience with designing, installing and maintaining a Windows based computer network system with at least 50 plus users. Mac experience a plus.
• Effective understanding of Microsoft Office and Servers operating systems.
• Must work in collaborative manner and foster a team spirit.
• Ability to organize, prioritize & perform multiple assignments under pressure and within deadlines.
• Great communication skills with a strong desire to provide outstanding customer service.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employee must be able to Walk, Sit & Stand for long periods of time, Lift & Carry 50 lbs, bend, squat, reach, stretch, climb up and down ladders, use fingers, hands and arms for extended periods of time in repetitive motions.
Full-time Employee Benefits include Vacation, Sick, Personal, Medical, Vision, Dental, Life, 401k etc. after a respective waiting period
• Engineering, Electronics Technology, Computer Science experience
• Broadcast experience a plus
Required license or certification:
• Valid Driver’s License with a Good Driving Record.
Entercom Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results