Ontario Systems has a new Accountant (GL) position available in its Finance Department.
Do you have General Ledger experience? Do you enjoy providing high quality customer service to internal and external customers? Is accuracy in preparing financial statements and reports important to you? If yes, let’s talk today about why Ontario Systems is the right next step for you and your career.
Location This position will work from our Muncie, Indiana, location, which is near Ball State University and within easy commuting distance from Indianapolis.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must be authorized to work directly for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
What You’ll Do
- Have responsibility for numerous general ledger accounts including month-end closing and reconciliation responsibilities. The general ledger accounts include all fixed asset accounts and related depreciation, capitalized software and related amortization, prepaid insurance, other prepaid expenses, property taxes, bad debt reserve as well as other miscellaneous accounts.
- Daily cash reporting to reflect receipts, disbursements, cash balance and line of credit balance.
- Weekly cash forecasting report that projects our cash balance out three months.
- Contribute to the publication of our weekly financial forecast.
- Assist with annual budgeting process and annual audit.
- Generate financial reports from our financial system.
- Prepare and file sales tax returns and ensure timely remittance of tax liabilities.
- Perform other projects and assignments as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines
- Strong collaboration and influence skills
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stay focused in an open-concept office environment
We believe our values and You-Powered Culture set us apart. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values, we have some other great perks:
- Best Places to Work organization
- Career growth opportunities
- You-Powered Culture – We’ll support you in getting what you need, from your first contact during your hiring process throughout your career at Ontario Systems
- Flexible work - we care about if and how well you do your job, less about when and where
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance with wellness discounts, medical, dental and vision care
- Well-deserved time off with Paid Time Off program, personal holiday, plus 8 paid holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time Off Program – make a difference in your community
- 24/7 onsite fitness center
- Education assistance program
About Ontario Systems Ontario Systems is a leading provider of revenue recovery software and solutions to the revenue cycle management (RCM), accounts receivable management (ARM), and government markets. Established in 1980 and headquartered in Muncie, Ind., Ontario Systems also has locations in Vancouver, Wash., and Albuquerque, New Mexico, and over 450 employees in 29 states. Ontario Systems offers a full portfolio of software, services and business process expertise, including product brands such as Artiva RM™, Artiva HCx™, Contact Savvy®, and RevQ. Ontario Systems customers include five of the 15 largest hospital networks who actively manage over $40 billion in receivables collectively, as well as eight of the 10 largest ARM companies and more than one hundred state and municipal governments in the U.S.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Ontario Systems, LLC does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.