Senior Staff Engineer
Trident Microsystems, Inc
Trident Microsystems, Inc. is a global, public company with facilities in 10 countries. We are a leading force in the high-growth digital home entertainment market that is estimated to reach $5 billion by 2010. We deliver innovative semiconductor solutions for digital televisions and set-top boxes at the heart of today’s digital home. Half of all TVs worldwide contain Trident chips.
A pioneer in the consumer electronics and television markets for the past 20 years, Trident understands the rapidly-evolving consumer space and has taken bold moves to deepen its technology portfolio and expand its addressable market. In February of 2010, Trident completed its acquisition of NXP Semiconductors television and set-top box lines, creating a leader in the digital home entertainment market with industry leading positions in each of the digital television and set-top box markets.
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Staff Engineer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the performance of next generation TV and STB SoC's and in this role will work with different engineering disciplines as well as with the senior system and software architects.
• Work with SoC-Architect and IP-Teams to compile SoC-Infrastructure requirements
• Generate SoC-Infrastructure using in-house tools and methodology for both DMA/Control networks
• Simulate SoC-infrastructure performance for most demanding use cases to guarantee design meets design objective
• Familiar with Cortex-A9 CoreSight debug and trace infrastructure.
• Support software, hardware, systems teams with SoC-Infrastructure register settings
• Ability to make trade-offs between features, cost, timelines, associated risks and business impact
• During specification responsible for making sure that the design meets agreed upon functionality, performance, investment and cost requirements
• MSEE/PhD or equivalent
• 5+ years experience in SoC-Infrastructure design
• Ability measure and make trade-offs on SoC-Infrastructure performance
• Design experience with DDR2/3 controllers
• Design experience with SoC security infrastructure
• Detailed understanding of OCP/AHB/AXI/AMBA bus standards
• Ability to build SoC memory map for both register and DMA access
• Good technical, written and verbal communication
o IP verification,
o Test plan writing,
o Constrained random stimulus generation
o Score boarding
o System Verilog
o Linux shell scripting
• Design tools:
o RTL compiler
o LEC –formal verification
o Lint and CDC
Trident provides competitive salaries commensurate with experience, a bonus, and restricted stock units, plus a comprehensive benefits package.