A highly visible, national advocacy and lobbying organization with headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to hire an Associate Director of Event Operations into a full-time, senior management position.
This absolutely essential member of the Marketing and Events team will be responsible for all logistical planning and on-site execution of the organization's events, including: (1) a large annual conference that is always in Washington, DC; (2) monthly Board of Directors meetings; (3) international trips for small groups of supporters, that are facilitated by the organization and; (4) other local and national events of various sizes.
The organization's annual conference is a really big show in every sense of the term. It draws more than ten-thousand participants annually, with the numbers increasing each year. Guests and speakers hail from all 50 states and all over the world, and include world leaders, among them heads of state. The event is meticulously produced and leverages current and emerging technologies to yield a several-days-long experience that looks amazing and leaves a lasting and positive impression attendees.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has supported the hiring organization for many years and has worked closely with a variety of managers on their Marketing and Communications teams. Together we have identified some amazing people for full-time and temporary roles. Brainstorm can provide further details regarding the size and make-up of the Marketing and Events team to well qualified applicants.
* Lead and manage 7+ person Event Operations team.
* Manage all logistical arrangements for the organization's annual conference including venue selection, catering, audio-visual, information technology, security and transportation.
* Assist other departments in their event planning needs, including venue and vendor selection, scheduling, budgeting and on-site event management.
* Research, contract and cultivate relationships with industry vendors to provide all types of conference-related services.
* Recruit, train and deploy junior staff, on-site event personnel and interns.
* Research and explore new and innovative meeting and presentation technologies to continually improve the organization's national and regional events.
* Some travel to regional offices and occasional out-of-town events be required in this role.
* 10+ years of event, catering, and/or hospitality industry experience.
* Experience managing a team of people.
* Experience running large-scale events.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to instill confidence and empower staff members.
* Ability to comprehend and execute a plan to achieve the overall objectives / mission of the department.
* Strategic thinking and problem solving with the ability to creatively conceive solutions to meet emerging challenges."
* Ability to cultivate strong working relationships with vendors and hospitality industry professionals.
* Attention to detail and commitment to consistent quality, combined with the ability to grasp both the big picture and fine points of a project.
* Ability to implement and follow consistent work-flows, including software and human systems.
HOURS / LOCATION:
This is a full-time position with regular office hours. We are only interested in talking with highly qualified individuals who are seeking a traditionally structured, full-time role. Evening/weekend work will not be the norm, but will be required at various times throughout the year, and particularly between January and March of each year. The hiring organization is located in a very nice, contemporary office building that is a short walk from the Union Station Metrorail stop in NW, Washington, DC.
Our client has indicated a target salary range of up to $150K. They have also shown a sincere interest in receiving our guidance regarding salary, based on the inquiries we receive from applicants. We invite extremely well qualified, highly experienced individuals seeking more than $150K to apply. The actual salary offered could be higher or lower than that which is advertised here. It will be commensurate with experience and market norms and based in large part on interview outcomes. This employer offers a comprehensive benefits package. We will gladly provide benefits information to qualified applicants.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.