A highly visible, global apparel and sporting goods company with its headquarters campus located in Baltimore, MD is looking to engage an experienced Production Designer in a full-time contract assignment that is expected to continue for six months, but could be extended beyond a year.
The Production Designer will report to a knowledgeable and well respected Manager of Production Design and join a robust team that comprises the company's Global Retail Creative group. S/he will be responsible for constructing highly technical templates and dielines that define the layout of graphic elements and editing constraints using specific conventions within Adobe Creative Suite (in-particular; InDesign). Properly qualified applicants will understand branding and style guides, be capable of maintaining production-ready assets, and take responsibility for editing work to provide clean and correct files in a timely manner.
BREAKDOWN OF PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with designers, account managers and sales staff to understand all art requirements and timelines.
* Work with design team to implement changes, sometimes producing multiple versions of layouts.
* Build, maintain and release digital files for pre-press or other production hand-off from design team.
* Repurpose graphic assets to span a wide variety of sizes for consistent, systematic layouts.
* Manipulate digital imagery to extend backgrounds and color correct as needed.
* Manage production aspects of projects handed off from art directors/designers.
* Upload print-ready files to ftp sites for global production/downloading of customer art.
* Use floor plans and elevations to visualize how graphics relate to each other in a retail environment.
* Maintain knowledge of current graphic-design software, hardware and best practices.
* Maintain organized asset database on server with consistent naming conventions for hi-res production files.
* Must have at least 3 years experience in print-based graphic production.
* Expert hands-on knowledge of Adobe CC and MS Office on MAC platforms.
* Demonstrable experience in offset and digital print production. Preferred experience includes set up of pre-press artwork files for retail outlets, such as large format light boxes, fabric frames, wall murals, and window displays.
* Understanding of graphic systems and style guides to communicate branding and campaign messaging executed across multiple sizes and formats.
* Highly proficient in InDesign and Photoshop digital image manipulation.
* BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Photography, or related field preferred.
* Agency experience is a plus.
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING ATTRIBUTES:
* Highly motivated self-starter.
* Excellent collaborator.
* Good at organizing large amounts of content.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Adaptable, flexible and open to rapid iteration.
* Short-term problem solver; ability to remain calm and composed while juggling multiple projects.
* Keenly aware of deadlines and able to manage time accordingly.
* Eagerness to learn.
* Excited to share and critique work, and potentially teach others.
* Commitment to continuously improve initiatives.
* Meticulous attention to detail; an uncanny gift for catching any and all mistakes while preparing files for output.
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that values productivity over standard scheduling.
The employer's headquarters campus is located on the southern edge of the city of Baltimore. The campus is highly accessible via car and very close to major roadways. It is not easily accessible via public transportation. It is a terrific and exciting place to work, and there is plenty of parking available.
DURATION / HOURS:
We are only looking to hear from well qualified individuals who are available to work full-time on-site at the employer's offices. The on-site requirement is non-negotiable. While full-time availability is our goal, we are also interested in hearing from very well ideally qualified candidates who can commit to working on-site, but can only work a consistently scheduled four-days each week.
The employer expects people to be there during traditionally defined standard workplace hours, but there is not a "one size fits some" set schedule. The employer and the Manager of Production Design consider efficiency and productivity better barometers of success, than strict adherence to schedules. Individuals looking to work from home should re-consider the clearly stated on-site work requirement before applying.
Based on the bill rate we have established with the employer, we can offer an hourly pay rate range of $30 to $50/hour. These hourly rates, when annualized, are the equivalent of a salary in the range of $60K to $100K. As this assignment is expected to continue for nearly six months and there is the possibility that it will continue even longer, we highly encourage applicants to consider overall earnings potential rather than hourly rate.
We are advertising a broad hourly pay range because our client would like to consider talented candidates with a broad band of professional experience. The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. It will also be based on our evaluation and our client’s evaluation of your credentials and/or sample work and likely in-person interviews.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.