A Washington, DC-based strategic communications firm that specializes in messaging for political and issue-based campaigns is looking to hire an inspirational, creative and hard-working digital strategist to lead their digital content team as Director, working with top-tier political campaigns and advocacy organizations.
OTHER OPPORTUNITIES WITH THIS EMPLOYER:
The employer discussed in this job posting is also currently looking to hire a Deputy Director of Digital Content. You are welcome to apply for both roles if you believe that you are truly qualified for both of them, and you are interested in exploring both possibilities.
RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE:
* Overseeing content strategy and production for a team of dedicated content creators
* Proactively leading content strategy with creativity and consistency across clients
* Preparing editorial calendars that factor in cultural, political and current events and identifying creative linkages to our clients’ issues
* Utilizing the full range of digital content from GIFs, videos and photos to blog posts, emails and tweets
* Providing feedback and edits to the content team to inspire better work and creativity
* Serving as top-notch editor to review content and ensure material is 100% error-free
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience managing at least one direct report
* Previous work experience in any/all of the following areas: digital marketing, political campaigns and/or public affairs projects
* Exceptional writing ability and solid design eye
* Demonstrable track-record drafting creative and effective content for digital channels
* Portfolio of work that supports above requirement
* Ability to hit tight deadlines while juggling multiple requests and projects
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Deep understanding of major social networking sites
* Familiarity with the Adobe creative suite is a plus
* Experience with website content management systems like WordPress is a plus
HOURS / LOCATION:
This is a full-time, staff position. All work will be done at the employer's downtown, Washington, DC offices. Hours will be approximately 9am-5pm, M-F or similar. Applicants who indicate that they are interested in working from home or at another remote location should not expect to receive a response regarding their application.
Our client has indicated a target annual salary range of $65K to $90K. We believe this range accurately reflects the level of seniority and responsibilities outlined in the job description.
We are engaged in conversations throughout each day, with highly qualified designers and editorial professionals. Therefore our employer clients are typically interested in receiving our guidance regarding salaries and applicant value propositions. We invite appropriately qualified early career and highly experienced individuals to apply even if they may be targeting salaries below or above the range outlined in this job description. We present ALL appropriately qualified applicants to our clients.
Accordingly, the actual salary offered could be higher or lower than that which is advertised here. It will be commensurate with experience and market norms and based in large part on interview outcomes.
The employer offers a comprehensive benefits package. We will gladly provide benefits information to qualified applicants.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.