An interactive marketing, communications and SEO firm located in Bethesda, MD is looking to hire a Senior Interactive Designer into a full-time position. This dynamic, growing company produces dozens of new websites monthly, mostly for clients in the professional services vertical.
The senior interactive designer will create and manage the conception and production of compelling and innovative designs for mobile-friendly websites, for a rapidly growing client base. A thorough understanding of UI design and UX experience is necessary. Portfolios must demonstrate ingenuity, originality, thoughtfulness and versatility across a range of mediums and applications -- and highlight work that brings strategic design and marketing concepts to life. A demonstrable understanding of mobile design is a necessity. SEO knowledge a plus.
* Manage, inspire and motivate a team of off-site designers.
* Manage progress of design/development of multiple websites.
* Create concepts and designs for websites and mobile interfaces.
* Review and improve upon designs submitted by external vendors.
* Produce designs for identity systems, ads, websites, displays, signage, and more.
* Collaborate with remotely located designers, developers and marketing specialists.
* Manage image selection.
* Produce design specification/style guides (graphics and writing).
* Flat (i.e. traditional print) design work, signage and brochure design work will also be required occasionally.
* Research and discover new design trends and technologies.
* Continuously challenge and push yourself as a designer.
* At least 3 years of ongoing, consistent, professional experience producing original designs for interactive spaces.
* Experience creating work for a wide range of clients (rather than just one), industries and applications is a plus.
* Legitimate and demonstrable user experience (UX) AND user interface design (UI)experience.
* An “eagle eye” attention to detail.
* Experience managing other designers.
* Experience reviewing and critiquing designs as well as suggest revisions and updates.
* Direct client interaction and project management experience.
* Expert-level proficiency with Adobe CS, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator and InDesign.
* Proactive communication & collaboration habits.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* High energy, hard-working, and ability to juggle multiple priorities at once.
* A positive attitude.
* Experience with logo & identity development and collateral systems.
* Thorough knowledge of print and digital processes and best practices.
* Familiarity with MS Office Suite Tools, including PowerPoint.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* The desire and self-motivation to progress in your career, as both a designer and a leader.
This is a full-time, staff position. All work will be done at the employer's offices, which are located in Bethesda and are convenient to Metrorail and Metrobus. Individuals who apply, and who are interested in working part-time or from a remote location (home, etc.), will not be considered for the position. Brainstorm Creative Resources encourages talented, experienced designers who do not qualify for this opportunity but are interested in being considered for other opportunities, to complete a general application here: http://bit.ly/brainstorm-application.
Based on conversations we have had with the hiring firm, we are advertising a salary range of $60K to $85K. The actual salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to offer highly competitive compensation. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to offer the highest salary available to earlier career applicants. Alternatively, more experienced design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to offer you a salary at the top of or possibly even above the advertised range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Vienna, VA should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.