A Washington, DC-based non-profit organization that is a policy resource and advocate for our nation's cities and their leaders, is looking to engage a Senior Designer in a part-time, on-site assignment for four months, between April and August. The hiring organization boasts a membership that includes more than 1,600 cities, towns, and villages of all sizes.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has worked with the organization's Design Director since 2015, on a wide variety of projects.
* Execute original, conceptual, and compelling designs for projects that might include: storytelling-oriented information graphics, social media graphics, traditional marketing and/or communications materials (i.e. catalogs, brochures, etc.), policy papers and publications.
* Participate in cross-departmental brainstorms and/or help shape creative ideas/initiatives.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
* BA, BFA, MA or MFA in Art or Design
* 5+ years of industry experience
* Possess a strong and conceptual portfolio of work that demonstrates impeccable design ability particularly as it is applied to print design and sharable graphics
* Excellent knowledge of typographic principles
* Expert Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesisgn, Illustrator, Acrobat) skills
* Able to work independently as needed on design and creative projects with limited creative oversight
* Capable of concepting and collaborating on projects in parallel, on time and on budget
* Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
* Remain current on visual design techniques and technologies
* Demonstrable interactive design experience is a plus
* Demonstrable data-visualization development experience is a plus
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are only interested in receiving applications and inquiries from individuals who can work:
(1) In a part-time (roughly 24 hours/week), temporary, on-site capacity;
(2) in downtown, Washington, DC;
(3) starting late March/early April;
(4) continuing through at least the end of August.
Our client's workplace is highly accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is offering a pay rate of between $30/hour and $50/hour. While our job description indicates a minimum of six-years of experience are required, we are interested in hearing from truly talented individuals who might be considered appropriately qualified regardless of level of experience.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced and appropriately qualified design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity."
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Alexandria, VA should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.