A US-based international company that is in the business of facilitating travel visas, and is the leader in its segment, is looking to engage a skilled print production artist in a freelance engagement that will continue through Q2 2018 and possibly beyond as well. The company's world headquarters, and our primary client, are in the Tyson's Corner, VA area. This position will remotely support a team located in the greater Tampa / Bradenton, FL area.
The company is in the process of harmonizing new and legacy brands, and they have a lot of work on-tap for a meticulous production artist who will be responsible for bringing corporate collateral into alignment. Our understanding is that the production mix will approximately reflect the breakdown below:
(35%) PowerPoint presentations
(10%) Online assets such as email templates, banner ads and website mock-ups
(_4%) Other print collateral
(_1%) Environmental signage for events
PRIMARY SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must have demonstrable professional experience in the use of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator for print production (more important) and print design (less important).
* Your resume should clearly indicate that you have specific experience functioning in one or more of the following capacities over at least a combined, two-year period: (1) titled production artist; (2) titled graphic designer in a high volume corporate or non-profit workplace; (3) titled junior designer providing production support to one or more experienced designers. So we're looking for at least two years of consistent, professional experience combining any of the above job functions.
* Must be able to complete assignments in a quick-turnaround environment.
SECONDARY SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must be able to implement best practice design solutions to outdated media.
* Must be able to interpret existing templates to apply across collateral.
* Would prefer candidates with experience designing collateral in a corporate environment.
* Would prefer candidates who are available to work during daytime hours.
* Would prefer candidates who are not afraid to ask questions but are also capable of making their own well informed decisions when doing so is most practical.
HOURS / LOCATION:
By applying for this job you are indicating that you can offer consistent availability of between 15 and 20 hours/week , and that you can commit to supporting this employer in an ongoing capacity, week in and week out, for the next few months. Ideally suited candidates for this scope of work will understand that proceeding in the role means committing to what is essentially a part-time job, even though all work can be done from a home office or other location of your choosing.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is offering a pay rate of between $25/hour and $35/hour. We are offering a broad range because we are interested in hearing from appropriately qualified individuals with varying levels of experience.
The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants at the top of the offer range. More experienced and appropriately qualified design professionals can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see the "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity."
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of McLean, VA should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.