An educational technology company that partners with top colleges and universities to bring their degree programs online is looking to engage a skilled Production Artist in a temporary role that is intended to result in a full-time hire.
The person in this role will report to a highly experienced Production Manager, on a small team of Production Artists. S/he will work closely with staff graphic designers, writers and various stakeholders in the Marketing Department to produce final files on a wide variety of marketing projects for the company's university partner programs. Projects include digital advertisements, emails, web pages (no coding involved), and some print. Ideal applicants will be particularly interested in the fact that this company can provide long-term opportunities for further exploration of a wide variety of multimedia design, development and production roles.
Brainstorm Creative Resources has been supporting this company since 2016. We can share plenty of additional information about them with the most well qualified applicants.
* Providing production support to graphic designers on a range of marketing projects, including advertisements, emails, web pages, presentations, brand identity manuals, and print collateral.
* Following precise design direction to accurately produce deliverables to specifications.
* Adhering to brand style guides and following existing grids and templates when building out assets.
* Resizing ads and images.
* Assisting in photoshoots and photo editing.
* Communicating directly with internal stakeholders to successfully and efficiently meet the deliverable requirements.
* Maintaining the library of assets in our digital asset management system.
* Continuously researching and sharing new industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
* Managing multiple projects simultaneously and remaining flexible through revisions.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Minimum 1-3 years industry experience.
* Proficiency in Adobe CC Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
* Experience building files for both digital and print.
* Image color balancing and retouching skills.
* A discerning eye for branding aesthetics.
* Meticulous attention to detail and an ability to see the big picture.
* Ability to prioritize and multitask while remaining efficient and organized.
* Ability to take direction and be open to feedback.
* Ability to solve problems in a responsive, timely, and accurate manner.
HOURS / LOCATION:
As noted at the top of this job description, this role will begin as a temporary engagement. However, the employer has clearly indicated to us that they are looking to make a full-time hire, and that they are hoping the Production Artist who is engaged in the temporary role, will transition into the full-time position. Individuals who are only interested in the temporary role, should still apply. We want to hear from all well qualified and available potential candidates! However, during our review process we will prioritize appropriately qualified applicants who indicate an interest in the full-time role.
Candidates must be interested in working roughly 9am-5pm, M-F -- so, about 40 hours week, or what most people consider to be a typical full-time schedule. Individuals who can only work part-time or who are interested in working from home should not apply.
The Production Department works remotely on Fridays! So, while we are asking for a full-time commitment, the on-site requirement is only four days/week. Aside from the work-from-home Friday benefit, all work will be done at the employer's workplace, which is very close to Washington, DC in Prince George's County, Maryland. The workplace is highly accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is suggesting a salary range of $40K to $55K for the full-time position and a pay rate range of $25/hour to $30/hour for temporary role. The actual salary or rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. It will also be based on some or all of the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, example work you provide, interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay less experienced applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced applicants can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range. While we have qualified this role as good fit for an early- to mid-career professional, we would be glad to hear from talented individuals who clearly communicate why they are interested in the assignment, and who believe they are appropriately qualified for it regardless of their overall level of experience.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Bethesda, MD should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.