Our client is a recognized online innovator, and the creator of a platform that facilitates reading programs, primarily in libraries and schools. They are looking to hire a Digital Product Designer who can contribute innovative product design and creative skills to their ongoing design and development efforts as the company continues to grow. You will have autonomy, access and support to do meaningful work that has huge impact on their current user population of over two million readers.
The company's flagship products include a web application and companion mobile app to help people participate in reading challenges. They serve more than one-thousand public library and school clients in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Readers use the platform to track their reading, earn incentives, and stay motivated to read.
The growing company is well funded by backers who believe in their cause. Customers range from big to small and include Brooklyn Public Library, Broward County Public Schools, and the Department of Defense.
You will join an energetic, friendly, and fun crew of twelve full-time employees with five product team members (and growing).
* Drive key product decisions and dig deep to understand user behavior/desires.
* Collaborate with talented, staff engineers to bring your visions to life.
* Leverage your Sketch or Photoshop skills to design clean, innovative interfaces for apps and/or the web, marketing materials, and sales materials.
* Conduct user research and glean insights that are actionable and valuable to the product team and to company leadership.
* Discuss and defend your designs with the product team.
* Collaborate and consult with our client success team.
* Conduct usability studies of new designs and features.
* Analyze metrics of how your designs are performing and iterate to improve them.
* Take design of our products to the next level and provide guidance on the overall product roadmap.
* Online portfolio with web and application design samples.
* 2+ years of highly relevant industry experience designing a real product that you can show.
NOT REQUIRED, BUT BENEFICIAL:
* Demonstrable illustration skills.
* Experience with Ruby on Rails.
HOURS / LOCATION:
This is a full-time, work-from-home position. We are seeking well qualified applicants who live in the Eastern time zone. We are ideally hoping to identify terrific applicants who live within a commutable distance of Pittsburgh, PA (where the company's interactive engineering team is located) or Washington, DC (were the company's primary office is located).
SALARY / BENEFITS:
Based on conversations we have had with the employer, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a broad target salary range of approximately $75K to $110K. As we review applicant feedback, we may suggest to the employer that they increase the salary ceiling. Alternatively, it is possible that a salary below the stated range could be offered to an otherwise terrific applicant whose actual, accumulated experience is at the low threshold of the employer's target range.
The salary offered will be commensurate with regional market norms and will be based on the following factors: your portfolio, credentials as detailed in your resume, interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
The employer offers full-time employees paid vacation and the opportunity to participate in a corporate stock and option plan. They also offer a $3K contribution to the desk set-up of your choice. Reimbursement is available for medical, dental and vision costs.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.