A Washington, DC-based strategic creative agency is looking to hire an Interactive Art Director into a full-time, staff position following a successful temporary engagement. We expect the initial, contingent engagement to continue for between one and two months before an offer of full-time employment is made. It's possible that a transition to a full-time, staff role might be on offer much more quickly. Alternatively, the temporary period could be extended if that's what all parties decide will be best.
The agency's clients reflect a typical DC mix, including everything from international, consumer-facing corporations to B2B service provides with household names; to non-profits of all sizes with widely varying missions.
Brainstorm has supported the client organization on dozens and dozens of staffing and recruitment projects since 2010. We can provide plenty of additional information to the most well qualified applicants.
The Interactive Art Director will be tasked with designing rich interactive experiences for Web and mobile users, as well as social media graphics and infographics. Ideal candidates will have experience leading design staff through the design process and will be ready to collaborate with clients, project managers and writers to produce effective and creative digital solutions that help clients achieve their goals and objectives. Strong communications skills and an upbeat personality are key along with the ability to multitask.
Applicants for the Interactive Art Director role should be able to demonstrate a depth and breadth of interactive design experience via portfolio examples and should also be able to communicate visually and via a resume or other credentials, that they contributed to UX development on multiple projects. In other words -- we're emphasizing the design requirement, but we are truly seeking applicants who can prove they have UX experience as well.
• Work with clients and project managers to determine project technical and creative requirements; develop timelines and deliverables.
• Create site maps, wireframes and functional site prototypes.
• Design websites and mobile sites using current UI and UX best practices, design techniques and technologies.
• Design highly creative and effective graphics for social sites and digital media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• No less than 5 years of consistent, ongoing experience working as a professional designer -- with some demonstrable design leadership experience.
• User Interface design (UI) and user experience design (UX), clearly supported by your sample work.
• Client interface and client relationship management experience.
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro).
• High level of comfort using standard digital communications tools (E-mail; MS Word; PowerPoint) to communicate with internal partners and external stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
* Experience creating work for a wide range of clients (rather than just one), industries and applications.
* Experience with logo & identity development and collateral systems.
* Knowledge of print design processes and best practices.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are interested in receiving applications and inquiries from individuals who:
(1) will be available to begin working between Monday, July 2 and Monday, July 30;
(2) are ultimately seeking a full-time, staff position;
(3) are interested in working on-site at the employer's centrally located, downtown offices;
(4) can commit to working full-time hours -- roughly 38 to 45 hours/week;
(5) live within a commutable distance of NW, WDC.
SALARY / PAY RATE:
Based on conversations we have had with the employer, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a staff salary range of between $90K and $130K, and an hourly rate range of $50/hour to $70/hour for the initial engagement. The actual rate and/or salary offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. It will also be based on some or all of the following factors: credentials as detailed in your resume, your portfolio, interview experiences with Brainstorm Creative Resources and our client, and quality of reference providers and references provided.
Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively! However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay less experienced applicants at the top of the stated salary range. More experienced applicants can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at the top of the range.
We have qualified this role as good fit for a senior design professional, but we would be glad to hear from talented mid-career individuals who clearly communicate in cover letters, why they are well ready to step up to a design leadership role.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.