An award-winning direct mail firm seeks a smart and energetic Senior Designer who wants to help advance the progressive movement by designing for campaigns that will get Democrats elected across the country. Ideal applicants will have conceptual design experience, and will be looking to work in a hands-on role that includes daily execution responsibilities.
The hiring firm's partners and staff are a hard-working group who operate in a high energy and high volume workplace. The Senior Designer will need to multi-task easily in a busy, deadline-driven environment. Time management and the ability to juggle projects while remaining creative will be important. As indicated elsewhere in this job description, the Senior Designer role is an on-site, temporary position with an August - early November timeline. Applicants should be willing to work long hours and/or some weekends. We are only interested in hearing from individuals who can be highly committed to this on-site role over the next few months, and who are willing to commute a reasonable distance to Washington, DC on a daily basis.
The Senior Designer will report to a talented Senior Art Director, and will work alongside other staff designers and experienced freelance designers. The design work environment is Mac, and the firm makes regular investments in hardware and software to stay up-to-date.
* 5+ years of experience working consistently in a titled design position. Recent employment and/or freelance experience working at the Senior Designer and/or Art Director level is preferred.
* Design experience should consist mostly of print work; direct mail work is highly preferable; advertising and PR campaign work is also preferable.
* Expertise in design software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
* Highly creative, with both artistic and critical-thinking skills.
* Strong conceptual ability and experience in design layout.
* Experience packaging production files for printing is a plus, but not necessary.
* Attention to detail in all aspects of work.
* Self-starter, who is reliable, adaptable, and flexible.
* Digital experience a plus.
The employer's workplace is located in NW, Washington, DC and is highly accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus. There is street and paid-garage parking available nearby.
Based on conversations we have had with the employer, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a broad rate range of approximately $40/hour to $60/hour. We encourage Designers who are ascending to the Senior Designer level currently to apply, as well as individuals who are currently working at the Senior Designer and Art Director levels. The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial experience, and whose portfolios include many examples of work produced for a wide range of end-user clients, can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.