An award-winning direct mail firm in Washington, DC seeks an experienced Production Artist for a full-time, on-site, temporary assignment that will start in early September and continue through mid-November. The hiring firm works to advance the progressive movement by designing for campaigns that will get Democrats elected across the country.
The hiring firm's partners and staff are a hard-working group who operate in a high energy and high volume workplace. The Production Artist will need to multi-task easily in a busy, deadline-driven environment. Time management and the ability to juggle projects while remaining creative will be important. Applicants should be willing to work long hours and/or some weekends. We are only interested in hearing from individuals who can be highly committed to this on-site role over the next few months, and who are willing to commute a reasonable distance to Washington, DC on a daily basis.
The Production Artist will join a team of staff and freelance designers working at all levels within the creative services hierarchy. The design work environment is Mac, and the firm makes regular investments in hardware and software to stay up-to-date.
Ideal applicants will clearly indicate in their resumes, when and where they have worked in a Production Artist capacity previously. To be clear: This is not a Junior Designer position -- although we will be glad to review applications from relevantly experienced individuals who have been working for as few as three years. This position could be appropriate for professionals at any level, who take print production responsibilities seriously and who can demonstrate they have the skills necessary to ensure that design files are technically correct.
* 3+ years of experience working consistently as a graphic designer, preferably in a titled Production Designer role or similar.
* Experience should consist mostly of print work; direct mail work is highly preferable.
* Expertise in design software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat.
* Experience packaging production files for printing is essential.
* Well honed photo editing skills are extremely important.
* High attention to detail in all aspects of work.
* Self-starter, who is reliable, adaptable, and flexible.
* Digital experience a plus.
THIS ROLE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Collecting files for production and managing revisions.
* Adapting and modifying layouts as required throughout the creative process.
* Photo editing.
* Building print ready and digital files and creating templates.
The employer's workplace is located in NW, Washington, DC and is highly accessible via Metrorail and Metrobus. There is street and paid-garage parking available nearby.
Based on conversations we have had with the employer, Brainstorm Creative Resources has determined a broad rate range of approximately $27/hour to $45/hour. The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources strives to pay competitively. However, it is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to pay early career applicants near the top of the stated salary range. Alternatively, highly experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003. We are recruiting for this position at the request of our client, the hiring organization.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employer.