A well-established advocacy and lobbying organization with a focus on foreign affairs and national headquarters offices in Washington, DC is looking to engage an experienced Video Editor in a five-month, on-site temporary role with full-time hours. We are hoping to identify someone who can start immediately, and would be happy to talk with well qualified applicants who are interested in starting as late as the second week of November.
The Video Editor will be responsible for working with in-house producers to create powerful, emotional, succinct and effective videos that communicate the organization's mission. This position will create and develop video content for events, social media, web and e-mail, including stories related to return-on-investment, political, educational, inspirational, marketing and recruitment. The Video Editor will maintain a positive demeanor, and communicate effectively with other creative producers, editors, outside facilities companies, project managers and the Creative Services director.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is recruiting for this position at the request of the hiring organization -- a group we have supported on an annual basis, on a wide variety of hiring efforts for more than ten years. We typically post salary and rate ranges in public-facing job descriptions (see below), but we do not typically include employer names. If you are interested in applying for this position, we hope you will allow us to represent you, rather than working independently to identify the hiring organization so that you can inquire with them directly.
• Edit polished, short-form documentary video under supervision of producers and creative directors.
• Collaborate with producers and clients during post production, carrying out producer’s vision while adding ideas and notes throughout the process.
• Responsible for the first line of quality control of videos.
• Maintain knowledge of the organization's video database, bringing archival footage into current projects.
• Work within the organization's pipeline of ingesting, processing, tagging; in internal digital asset management system, archiving and coding incoming footage and other assets.
• Work with producers and clients to identify holes in scripts and rough cuts; work with producers to find new interview sound bites from transcripts.
• Responsible for the open or closed captioning of videos.
• Edit recorded events into chapters; upload and share individual speeches and videos from the organization's national events.
• When needed, perform light Assistant Editor duties such as logging and tagging footage.
• Plan video shoots; pack, set up and break down production equipment on location and in studio.
• Experience producing many different subject matters, potentially including: political, educational, documentary and inspirational pieces.
• Expert knowledge of post-production pipelines and multi-format deliveries, having worked in post-production for at least two years.
• Work independently as well as within teams; able to decipher problems and create solutions.
• Self-driven and able to complete tasks with minimal guidance if necessary.
• Highly skilled in Adobe Premiere and other Creative Suite applications.
• Familiarity working with transcripts and interview-driven content.
• Experience working with Vidyard a plus.
• Motion graphics and design experience a plus.
• Excellent organizational and communication/people skills.
• Ability to multitask and work well under deadlines.
HOURS / LOCATION:
We are seeking well qualified individuals who are interested in the following work situation:
(1) a full-time, salaried staff position with benefits;
(4) in Washington, DC;
(2) very close to a Metrorail and Metrobus-accessible location;
(5) starting in September or October.
As noted elsewhere in this job description, we are recruiting for a long-term, temporary, on-site position that will offer full-time hours – Monday through Friday, roughly 9am until 5pm during most weeks. All work will be done at the employer's workplace, which is in a contemporary, privately owned office building a short distance from Union Station. Applicants must be interested in working a full-time schedule. During February and March --the months that precede this organization's annual membership conference-- there may be some work outside of regular hours, including occasional evenings and possibly some weekend days. Individuals who can only work part-time or who are interested in working from home should not apply. The workplace is easily accessible via car, Metrorail and Metrobus and there are many parking garage and metered on-street parking options.
Per Brainstorm Creative Resources' guidance, the employer has agreed to a pay rate range of $40 - $60/hour. The actual rate offered will be commensurate with experience and market norms. Brainstorm Creative Resources encourages it's client employers to pay competitively. Experienced professionals whose resumes indicate substantial, highly relevant experience can expect that we will make a strong case to our client, to pay you at or near the top of the range. It is unlikely (but not impossible) that we will be able to support earlier career applicants requests for salaries near the top of the salary range.
Brainstorm Creative Resources is a recruiting and staffing firm that has been focused on placing creative and editorial professionals into freelance and full-time positions with Washington, DC-area employers since 2003.
If you are reading this job description at our Application Portal please follow the instructions included below. If you are reading this job description elsewhere please visit us at http://www.brainstormresources.com. Within our website you can click anywhere you see "Find Work" buttons or text to view all currently open positions. Please follow these steps when you apply:
1) Closely read the complete job description to ensure that you are a terrific fit for the opportunity.
2) If you are a returning applicant please enter your e-mail address and password, and then add the opportunity to your "My Jobs" list.
3) If you have not applied with Brainstorm previously, click the "Apply For This Position" button.
4) During the application process please make sure to:
-> Provide all details requested as you are completing your personal profile (including links to sample work online),
-> Upload a resume and cover letter.
We expect all interested parties to support their application and salary request with a cover letter that clearly indicates their fitness for the position. Only candidates currently residing within a commutable distance of Washington, DC should apply. Applicants not currently living in Washington, DC, Maryland or Virginia, or who inquire without a cover letter, resume and/or work samples should not expect to receive a response. Brainstorm Creative Resources and the hiring organization are EEO employers.