We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently, and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere - an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 23 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit www.dalberg.com.
Maximize your potential. Tackle the world’s toughest problems. Build expertise in areas that matter to you. Become a global development leader.
The Office Manager is an integral part of Dalberg’s operations team who support consultants and partners within the firm. His or her primary focus will be on the Cote d’Ivoire operations, with some potential growth in other geographies. The person will report to the Office Director with significant interface with the operations team. They are responsible for the efficient running of Dalberg Abidjan’s back-office operations, the effective control of its financial and human resources, and of the technical, IT and administrative systems, in order to contribute to the delivery of the firm’s overall strategic objectives. A successful candidate will be a compassionate professional who is a stickler for detail and perfect execution while nurturing a positive and entrepreneurial work environment. An integral part of a dynamic office who is able to juggle multiple and unpredictable requests for help.
Typical qualifications for the Office Manager’s position:
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Management or related field
- CPA/ACCA or its equivalent is required
- Experience working at a consulting, law, or financial services firm or similar professional environment is preferred
- Experience of managing at least 3 staff members
- Successful track record of managing operations, financial and management accounting
- Excellent judgment with the ability to skillfully manage sensitive and confidential situations
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex processes concurrently
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for change
- Interest in social impact and international development a plus
Experience in working with people from different cultures and different offices is desirable.
Note: Employment in all the Dalberg offices is conditional on the candidate having or obtaining the requisite authorization to live and work in that country.
What You Will Do and How You Will Grow
The Office Manager will work to ensure:
- Manage the company’s financials (management & statutory accounts) while ensuring the company maintains an efficient and effective financial control systems
- Ensure timely periodic financial and other relevant reports submission in consultation with the Office Director and Regional Finance Manager
- Assist the management team in the follow up and collection from external debtors and ensure follow up with related party debtors
- Managing relationships with different external suppliers (including bankers) and ensuring their timely payment of their invoices (as well as reimbursement of staff expenses)
- Manage the planning and execution of annual financial audits and any other audits as may be required by country regulations
- Liaise with Legal and Tax advisors to ensure completion of all taxes schedule and further ensure that local and foreign taxes are complied with.
- Supervise the payroll submission, the filing of employment taxes and staff contributions to social security and pension and ensure the relevant payments are made on time
- Ensure timely payment and submission of all statutory returns
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of all client and IO invoices
- Review and approve the professional expenses submitted by consultants
- Rigorously help the Abidjan management team on all operational goals, manage implementation efforts and report progress
- Manage and provide guidance to the local operational team in their daily functions
- Enable the firm to bring out the best in the office’s operations team by supporting and tracking professional development needs of the operations team
- Coordinate with other Dalberg offices on administrative and management matters
- Responsible for ensuring the signing, filing and maintenance of all contracts and any statutory returns
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place with regards to all operational elements encompassing, HR, Procurement, Tendering processes etc. to secure the best deals for the firm
- Support the Global Operations Team in the roll-out of firm wide initiatives
- Other tasks as required
Benefits: The Office Manager role offers a direct, meaningful, and high visibility path to the delivery of the firm’s overall strategic objectives. This is an outstanding opportunity to drive operations and systems improvements and strengthen leadership and management capacity within the department. A competitive salary will be offered.
About Our Clients
Our clients come to us with some of the most difficult global problems, seeking solutions where the obvious ones have failed. We are entrepreneurs and innovators, designers and creative problem solvers, thinkers, and doers who supply new ideas, drawing from a deep base of knowledge that cuts across sectors and geographies and is growing every day. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world. Some of our recent clients include foundations such as the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, corporations such as Pepsi and Vodafone, multilateral institutions such as the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank, UN Agencies such as UNICEF and the UNEP, and government agencies such as DFID and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency.
Join Our Team!