BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance.
What Will You Do?
The BeyondTrust Orange County R&D Group is looking for a team member with strong quality assurance and testing lab administration experience to join our Retina Network Security Scanner group. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the quality of a product that is relied on by tens of thousands of customers to protect their environments. You’ll be challenged regularly, have ample opportunities to learn new things, and be expected to work with the rest of the team to craft and refine a work environment where our efforts create the maximum benefit for our customers. In this role, you will:
- Make It Right: The most important part of a vulnerability scan is accuracy. Work with other QA and development team members to test new vulnerability audits and core engine changes.
- Keep It Running: Administer a large on-site virtualized testing environment being used as vulnerability assessment targets. Configure existing VMs, grant permissions to team members, and guarantee the overall consistency of the environment.
- Expand Our Footprint: Build, deploy and configure additional VMs within the testing environment. Take requests from others and seek out additional configurations that can expand our test cases.
- Be A Team Player: Work with the rest of the development department to improve our product line, our work environment and our customer satisfaction.
What is Required?
- Testing Knowledge: Testing is what you do. You constantly strive for expanded and efficient way to test software products. You can write test cases with the best of them, but you really enjoy hunting for bugs.
- Operating System Knowledge: You are an expert and installing and configuring Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. You are perfectly comfortable digging through the Windows file system, registry and other internals. You are able to install and configure Linux systems and keep them up to date.
- Virtualization Knowledge: You work with VMware vCenter. Cloning, templating and snapshotting VMs is second nature to you.
- Security Knowledge: This is what we do. You may not know everything related to security, but you know what security customers want, and how to make sure they get it. You have a strong desire to learn as much as possible about network security.
- Networking Knowledge: You know a TCP handshake isn’t just something developers do when they meet. You can capture, filter and analyze packets with Wireshark.
- Prior Knowledge: You’ve either spent 3 – 5 years doing work similar to this before, or you have a technical degree, or you are really, really excited to break into the security space.
- Must have experience with Excel Macros/ Microsoft office programmability
- Basic knowledge of team foundation server & Bug Tracking - not administration but prioritizing tasks.
- Experience using Visual studio in conjunction with Team Foundation Server to develop a PowerShell project.
- Ability to write store procedures.
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Basic SQL scripting, PowerShell and .NET experience.
- Ability to Render simple HTML emails
Why Join the BeyondTrust Aliso Viejo Team?
- BeyondTrust was founded upon a strong hacker culture that believed freedom and creativity were the best approach to build truly industry-changing products. To this day, that same spirit drives the focus and innovation of our development team.
- This is not your typical corporate office with red Swingline staplers and burnt coffee in the break room coffee pot. Here, you’ll meet people who are passionate about exploring the malicious corners of the internet, how it works, and how we can do a better job at protecting our clients from it.
- Unlimited free soda, snacks, and coffee.
- Lunchtime Xbox One duels, as well as organized company-wide Battlefield tournaments.
- Casual dress and atmosphere.
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.