BeyondTrust is a cyber security company dedicated to proactively eliminating data breaches from insider privilege abuse and external hacking attacks. Over 4,000 customers worldwide trust our risk intelligence platform of unified Privileged Account Management and Vulnerability Management solutions to shrink attack surfaces, identify threats, and maintain compliance.
What Will You Do?
BeyondTrust is looking for a Full-Stack Web Developer to design and implement functionality for PowerBroker Servers Management Console (PBSMC). PBSMC is a web-based console that assess, deploys, and manages PowerBroker Server’s agents and other components on a network. In this role, you will:
- Work with our engineering team, product management, and Lead Experience architect to implement and deliver an outstanding user experience for complex web-based enterprise applications
- Collaborate with local and remote team members on software design
- Stay current on new, relevant technologies and 3rd party services
What is Required?
Knowledge of technologies from persistence layer to user interface, including:
- Experience designing RESTful web interfaces
- Comfortable working on the fronted using HTML, and CSS
- Strong understanding of HTTP (headers, caching, response codes, session management)
- Experience with relational database design, and SQL query writing
- Strong communication skills for interacting with all levels of management and peers.
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Experience in developing module applications, single-page applications, full-stack web apps, responsive user interfaces including mobile considerations Experience with CSS such as LESS or SASS
- Experience with Git and Git Flow
- Back-end development in Go.
- Generally comfortable working in the Unix/Linux domain
- Bash scripting experience.
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: Angular, React, JQuery, jQwidgets, grunt, npm, or CSS preprocessors
- Database development with Sqlite and MySql
- Experience with test-driven development
Who are you?
- You are flexible! You define “good attitude.”
- You enjoy working with a team and alone as the situation dictates.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and in the company.
- You are up to speed in the latest Cyber Security and Software trends… you work relentlessly to be innovative and stay relevant for the benefits of our customers, partners, employees, and the company.
- You evoke inspiration in those around you and encourage them to create their best work.
- You work for the best interest of the group at all times.
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic.
- You are proactive.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
- You are motivated, no excuses, and a tenacious self-starter.
Why Join the BeyondTrust Halifax Team?
You'll be joining a team of passionate and committed developers at an exciting time of growth and opportunity. You will be a core team member using the latest technologies working on a high-profile project. We enjoy a casual, friendly work environment and respect the importance of a strong work/ balance.
- BeyondTrust is built upon a strong collaborative culture that believes teamwork and creativity are the best approach to build truly industry-changing products
- Our Halifax Office was voted 2015’s #1 Best Place to Work in Nova Scotia!
- Enjoy a state of the art facility in a premium downtown location
- Work with a variety of technologies to build and evolve enterprise security products
- A range of employee benefits, including RRSP matching and a company-paid extended health care plan
- Free soda, snacks, and freshly ground coffee
- Lunchtime Xbox One duels, board-games, and role-playing games
- Casual dress and atmosphere
- Learn and grow your skills with a talented team of engineers who are excited to share their latest projects and ideas with other team members, access to educational and learning resources
We are an equal-opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.