ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with “Favorable” Polygraph
REQUISITION NUMBER: 071816.01-AMAL POSITION: Shiftwork - Senior System Administrator LABOR CATEGORY: Senior System Administrator LOCATION: Ft. Meade, Maryland
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
Candidate will work in a dynamic and operational environment supporting the Cloud based repositories. These repositories are used by thousands of Intelligence Community users. The candidate will need to feel comfortable working in a high tempo mission environment where requirements change on a daily basis due to operational and world events.
• Required - Shall have seven (7) years of Systems Administration experience with the combined specific network operating system, hardware, and software experience to be supported is required. Specific hardware and software configurations include: HP Blade Servers, CISCO 6500 series switches, Enterprise Class Storage large clustered file system, Oracle clustered file system, Quick File System, WINDOWS O/S and New Technology File System. COTS applications include Oracle, HPOpenView, BASIS, Mnemonic software and GOTS applications written in C, C++, JAVA and Shell Scripts.
• Required – Must work Sunday through Wednesday, 1300-2300
• Desired - Demonstrated experience leading teams of administrators and interfacing with user communities and technical customers.
• Desired - Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
EDUCATION: (Degree in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field)
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science + 0 years
• or NO Degree + 2 years work experience
• Desired - Meet one of the following two skill sets.
- Programming skills in C, Perl or Bourne Shell along with experience providing system administration of a database-centric system and knowledge of RDBMS, SQL Server and database security features.
- Experience administering Solaris, UNIX, LINUX systems, or Windows 2000/2003 Servers, SQL Server 2000/2005 RDBMS and Dell/HP hardware is required. Experience with SURVIVOR hardware and software configurations.
• Desired - Six (6) years experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows.
• Desired - Five (5) years experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows.
• Desired - Experience in resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems.