ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: TS/SCI with “Favorable” Polygraph
REQUISITION NUMBER: 071816.05-AMAL POSITION: Systems Administrator (Senior Level) LABOR CATEGORY: Senior Systems Administrator LOCATION: Ft. Meade, Maryland
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The program is seeking a Sr. Systems Administrator to provide support to the Cloud Infrastructure Systems and Network Services Team. The best candidate for this position would be a self-motivated individual who has a strong attention to detail. They must be able to work independently as well as part of a team. The best candidate for this position will have hardware engineering and troubleshooting experience as well as a good understanding of network system’s protocols, routing and access lists.
• Required = Shall have seven (7) years of Systems Administration experience with the combined specific network operating system, hardware, and software experience to be supported is required.
= Specific hardware and software configurations include: HP Blade Servers, CISCO 6500 series switches, Enterprise Class Storage large clustered file system, Oracle clustered file system, Quick File System, WINDOWS O/S and New Technology File System.
= COTS applications include Oracle, HPOpenView, BASIS, Mnemonic software and GOTS applications written in C, C++, JAVA and Shell Scripts.
• Desired - Demonstrated experience leading teams of administrators and interfacing with user communities and technical customers.
• Desired - Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
EDUCATION: Degree must be in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field)
• Masters Degree in Computer Science + 5 years
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science + 7 years
• or NO Degree + 11 years work experience
• Desired - Meet one of the following two skill sets.
- Programming skills in C, Perl or Bourne Shell along with experience providing system administration of a database-centric system and knowledge of RDBMS, SQL Server and database security features.
- Experience administering Solaris, UNIX, LINUX systems, or Windows 2000/2003 Servers, SQL Server 2000/2005 RDBMS and Dell/HP hardware is required.
• Desired - Six (6) years experience (combined) with Unix, Linux and Windows.
• Desired - Experience in resolving complex situations for operational mission critical systems.
• Desired – Mid-level experience administering CentOS
• Desired – Kickstart experience
• Desired – Scripting experience (e.g, Phyton, Perl, bsh, csh, etc.)
• Desired – Good understanding of network system’s protocols, routing, access lists, etc.
• Desired – Hardware engineering and troubleshooting experience