The candidate will work in a dynamic and operational environment supporting the Cloud based repositories. These repositories are used by thousands of Intelligence Community users. The candidate will need to feel comfortable working in a high tempo mission environment where requirements change on a daily basis due to operational and world events.
The Team is looking for a candidate with strong systems administration, PUPPET and LINUX skills. Cloud experience is strongly recommended.
• Required - At least two (2) years experience managing and monitoring large Hadoop clusters (>200 nodes).
• Required - At least two (2) years experience in the implementation and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks, including those composed of CISCO and UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms, to encompass diagnosing network performance shortcomings and designing and implementing performance improvements.
• Required - At least two (2) years experience implementing network solutions for complex, high performance systems composed of UNIX or LINUX-based hardware platforms.
• Required - Demonstrated the ability to work with OpenSource (NoSQL) products that support highly distributed, massively parallel computation needs such as Hbase, CloudBase/Acumulo, Big Table, etc.
• Required - Demonstrated work experience with the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS).
• Desired - Demonstrated knowledge of analytical needs and requirements, query syntax, data flows, and traffic manipulation.
EDUCATION: Degree must be in Communications, Computer Science, Mathematics, Accounting, Information Systems, Program Management, or similar degree will be considered as a technical field
• degree or NO Degree status depends on Education labor category level requirements
• Required - Hadoop/Cloud Systems Administrator Certification.
• Required - At least two (2) years experience writing software scripts using scripting languages such as Perl, Python, or Ruby for software automation.
• Desired - Technical experience and knowledge of peer-to-peer distributed storage networks, peer-to-peer routing and application messaging frameworks.
• Desired - Significant experience provisioning and sustaining network infrastructures and have experience developing, operations, and managing networks required to operate in a secure PKI, IPSEC, or VPN enabled environment.