SECURITY CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with "Favorable" Polygraph required
REQUISITION NUMBER: 091916.01-CORP POSITION TITLE: Chief Technologist LOCATION: Ft. Meade, Maryland
The Chief Technologist serves as the senior technical resource and the technical solution expert on iNovex programs. This key role works directly with Portfolio Managers and the Business Development teams and customers to understand their highest priority business needs and then help implement creative solutions that meet the needs of the customer. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of systems architecture with a proven track record of designing and implementing technology solutions in a large, complex environment. This candidate must also have good organizational skills, including the capability to break down complex enterprise needs spanning multiple applications into multi-phased, integrated solution plans that can be implemented by our client’s team. The candidate must possess good communication skills including the ability to communicate complex technical subjects in terms that a non-technical audience can understand, with a focus on the risks and benefits. The Chief Technologist must possess a deep knowledge in multiple technology areas, and how to integrate the various technologies for use in enterprise solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Tracks and coordinates technologies, architectures and engineering practices across contracts and task orders; applies principles of reuse and consistent design where practical.
· Coordinates complex technical projects and initiatives across technology and functional lines, providing leadership for technical and non-technical team members.
· Provides expertise surrounding idioms within procedural, object oriented, aspect oriented, rules-based, workflow-based and service oriented paradigms
· Leads architecture efforts including reverse engineering, As-Is and To-Be architecture descriptions, and migrations to end state solutions
· Creates solution approaches that satisfy customer business needs in an efficient and achievable manner
· Architect and develop with a balanced view of key quality metrics such as performance, scalability, reliability and interoperability
· Troubleshooting performance, scale, availability issues for integrated solutions and debugging production problems when the situation arises.
· Assures alignment between business and IT in terms of strategies, goals and objectives.
· Understands and provides leadership around security throughout all SDLC phases and all tiers of the architecture and the systems running within the architecture, including identity management and access control (discretionary, mandatory, RBAC and ABAC) solution approaches.
· Conduct and participate in architecture reviews to capture business objectives and walkthrough architecture solutions.
· Provide technical leadership to Portfolio Technical Leads and supports completion of complex engagement solutions.
· Work with Portfolio Managers on allocation of resources crossing multiple projects, including balancing and adjusting to anticipated and unanticipated project needs.
· Identify and articulate one-time versus reusable solution aspects, documenting and publishing reusable solution components across the company.
· Support Business Development efforts in architect-driven pre-sales initiatives
· Directly contributes to and supports the vision, goals, and objectives of senior executives for the organization
· Provides a technological vision and strategy to complement the organization’s business vision to lead the direction of the organization
· Serves as a visionary and pro-active advisor to senior executives when it comes to strategic decision-making
· Maintains a thorough understanding of the business and strategizes business opportunities with other senior leadership executives
· Builds and nurtures customer and partner relationships within the intelligence community and commercial business areas
· Directly supports business development and capture initiatives for intelligence community and commercial business sectors
· Defines and drives transformation steps needed in technology to be ready to meet future client needs and demands
· Develops the technology strategies for the organization to include:
- Research of various technologies, tools, platforms, and technical approaches in support of the organization’s business goals and objectives
- Contribute to the development of technological roadmaps for current and future customer solutions
- Oversee technological resources and technical aspects of the organization as a whole and creates a vision, from the technological perspective, to lead the organization towards growth and development
- Track social trends and technology to apply it to the growth of the organization as well as manage research and development initiatives
- Evaluate emerging technologies, innovative ideas, and proof of concepts, as well as monitoring such to become new services or product offerings to clients in either the intelligence community or commercial business sectors
· Communicates the organization’s technology strategies to senior executives, customers, partners and employees
· Determines the skills and talent requirements of technical engineers in support of the organization’s staffing needs
· Initiates policies and activities in the organization that promote and enhance a technologically focused culture that is aligned with the organization’s strategy
· Develops compelling white papers to describe and promote technical solutions and concepts.
· Shapes and oversees research and development project selections and ensures these projects are valuable for the organization
· Collaborates with business areas within the organization to help design proof of concepts
· Provides technical assessments that are helpful and reliable in case of acquisitions and mergers
· Represents the organization in academic, industry and government groups to build the reputation of the organization as well as collect valuable data
· Minimum 20 years’ experience, with recent experience over last several years leading large complex solutioning projects
· PMP, ITIL, or CMMI Certified
· Ability to translate business needs into solution architecture requirements
· Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
· Understanding of characteristics of custom, commercial and open source software approaches
· Understanding of security issues and technologies inherent in enterprise and networked/Web/distributed solutions
· Good knowledge of infrastructure technologies, from mobile to PCs to Mainframes, storage, virtualization and networking