SECURITY CLEARANCE Level: TS/SCI with "Favorable" Polygraphs
REQUISITION NUMBER: 020117.02-M2Cp POSITION: System Engineer LABOR CATEGORY: System Engineer LOCATION: Aurora, Colorado
If hired the candidate will be a member of the Systems Engineering Team.
Role is for a Satellite Ground Command and Telemetry (C&T) Systems Engineer in the CTC IPT. Contributes to a team of systems engineers in accomplishment of segment engineering tasks in an iterative development environment. Provides technical direction and clarification of requirements to software agile development teams, integration and test personnel. Performs system engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification. Supports planning / development and interfaces with personnel from other organizations. Attends technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represents the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project. Provides status on assigned Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) tasks as required. Provides document review and resolves technical systems engineering and integration issues. Supports ECP efforts as required. Must have the ability to manage time and resources in order to meet assigned deadlines.
NOTE: Degree in B.S./B.A. in Aerospace Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Math, or a science.
- Bachelors Degree + 6 years
• 6+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record
• Understand the SE lifecycle and change management process
• Experienced in Command and Telemetry
• Must have requirements analysis/management experience
• Must have experience in functional decomposition, use case development, interface analysis and definition
• Knowledge of and experience working in DOORS
• Proven ability to meet timelines
• Experience in systems engineering functions including: operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
• Knowledge of component level integration and test
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with all levels of management and individual contributors on the program team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools
• TS/SCI SSBI clearance required
• Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract
• Experience in integration, and/or verification and validation
• Experience in SE process development and deployment
• Experience with complex satellite ground systems, particularly previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations
• Qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist or equivalent