Sustainable Energy Development for a Better World
We are growing our portfolio with future generations in mind, by respectfully utilizing our natural resources, developing renewable energy projects that lower greenhouse gas emissions, and being mindful of the communities we work in.
Zaballos Lake BC
Maintain, operate, and repair hydroelectric power generating stations to maximize electricity generation to fullest extent possible.
- Operate controls and monitor hydroelectric generating units and auxiliary equipment, such as the head gate, power houses, substations, switch station, and gas/diesel support equipment.
- Test, troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions or failure of electrical, instrumentation, communication (internet/Modbus etc) or mechanical issues for equipment under operation.
- Perform preventative maintenance to electrical and mechanical equipment such as motors, transformers, voltage regulators, generators, battery systems, air compressors, sump pumps, gates and valves to correct malfunctions.
- Test and perform minor repairs on equipment.
- Maintain electrical drawings, equipment files, sketches, reports, logs and records.
- Take daily readings and record data such as water level, temperature level and flow rate.
- Assist with penstock, transmission line and other site inspections.
- Perform and oversee vegetation management of the site.
- Maintain and repair physical surroundings, including the mobile trailer and vehicles.
- Regularly walks, stands, reaches, stoops and sits to access equipment using feet, legs and hands to reach, inspect, adjust, and repair equipment.
- Regularly reaches and grasps hand tools and other objects using manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to adjust, install and connect electrical equipment.
- Regularly climbs up/down stairs and uneven surfaces carrying up to 50 pounds.
- Regularly climbs ladders, walks on or near pipe using manual strength to maintain body equilibrium to balance and prevent falling while accessing equipment.
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions and is exposed to extreme cold and heat. The noise level is occasionally very loud.
- Frequently exposed to high voltage and other electrical hazards while removing electrical equipment.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work / travel over water by boat or barge.
- Must be able to work alone.
- Must be able to work flexible shift patterns to support the operation. Currently this is an 11.5hr day, over a 7 day on / 7 day off rotation.
- Diploma in Electromechanics or equivalent.
- Preferred Electrician or Instrumentation mechanic with red seal trades ticket
- In good physical shape and able to perform the rigorous physical demands of the position.